“Friendly, Solid place in friendly city”

Savoy Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Tallinn
Hong Kong
“Friendly, Solid place in friendly city”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is a solid, friendly hotel, good value for the price in Tallinn.

pos v friendly and extremely helpful staff
pos flexible. offered me a v early checkin for a small fee
pos excellent breakfast included
pos nice rooms, all necessary facilties: fridge, tea.
pos close to most things one needs in Tallinn
pos good wifi

neg some rooms a bit small. Had to move things around to make a spot for morning exercise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
TallinnHotels, Hotel Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear m c,

Thank you for the pros and cons table!

I am very happy that the positive side is a lot longer than the negative. Surely your comments will be helpful for the other travellers coming to Tallinn as well!

Until the next time we meet I wish you all the best!

Edith Mihkelson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Pori
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was my second visit in Savoy. This time our room was too small and e.g.had only one armchair. The hotel itself is an excellent location near the old town area, shopping Malls and EstoniaTheather.
The brekfast has limited choice of food but it is quate good anyway.
I recommend this hotel because of the nice atmosphere and perfect location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Catino,

Thank you for your feedback!

It is fantastic to hear that you were here for the second time and still found the time to comment on us here on tripadvisor.

I hope there will be a third time as well!

Best regards,
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The location of Savoy is excellent, it's not in the middle of the old town but rather on the outskirts. You can walk to nearby Malls (Solaris 5 min, Viru & Kaubamaja 10 min) and the harbour as well as the ferry terminals are only a 20 min walk away. When I arrived, the service at the reception was very friendly. My key card wasn't working, so the lady from the reception changed it instantly and accompanied me to my floor to see if the new card worked. My room was on the top floor, the view was great and the room with a double bed was clean, spacious enough and the bathroom had a large tub which is always nice.
The breakfast room (restaurant Mekk) is quite small; one morning I had to wait 20 min. to get a seat. The same morning the waitresses were having a bad day, since it took another 20 minutes to get a cup of tea from them. Otherwise the breakfast was decent. Nothing special (I would have expected more of local delicacies) but much better than some of the hotels I've stayed in the old town. As far as lunch / dinner are concerned I've had less than average food in restaurant Mekk before, so this time I did not bother. A nice lobby bar though.
I stayed for 3 nights and would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with the 5th floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Harold,

Thank you for taking the time and posting a helpful comment!

I am very happy that you were pleased with your stay. It means a lot to a manager if you compliment the staff and the room quality.
Thus, I hope that we can improve on your impression about Restaurant MEKK next time. I am sure that if you give it a new try, we can surprise you in a positive way!

Until the next time!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We arrived at the hotel after a 10 minute taxi ride from the airport and our first impression was nice - friendly welcome at reception and our room was just beautiful, with a large jacuzzi in the bathroom, a comfortable bed and lots of natural light coming in.

The hotel is perfectly located if you want to explore Old Town and it's close to several charming restaurants in the area. The wifi worked fine in the lobby but not in the room. Our room was cold the first night as the heater in the room wasn't working, but reception acted quickly on this and someone brought us a portable one that did the trick.

One major downside of this hotel was the breakfast, which was definitely below average. Very limited selection of food combined with unfriendly service made breakfast less than an enjoyable experience. Staff seemed really unhappy and acted defensive when asked questions. This is really something hotel management should work on improving...

Definitely not a 5 star hotel but all in all a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite and it was very large and sunny.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TallinnHotels, Hotel Manager at Savoy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear 3hearts,

Thank you for your notes!

I think that your comments will be very helpful to us when we are searching for new ways to improve our quality. I hope the experience was positive for you overall and I assure you that I will personally do all my best to make your next visit over the top!

Best regards,
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went on a birthday trip to Tallinn and found the Savoy boutique hotel outstanding. I have been meaning to write a review for ages, and this is actually the first review I have ever written.
The whole experience was wonderful and I would highly recommend it as a fantastic base in Tallinn.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Bexwilk,

Thank you!

Although it might not be the longest comment I can honestly say that your words are very inspiring. I hope that we can talk about this in person one day when you decide to visit us again.

Until then, I wish you the best in all endeavors!
Truly,
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent one night in Tallinn and had top floor room. The view was really nice. The room was clean and had enough space. Breakfast was good! Location is great, the hotel is in the Old Town. Reception staff was helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kirsi,

Thank you for your post!

I am very glad that you found our service and overall quality as pleasing as you did. This means a lot to us to see a satisfied guest.

You are always welcome back, of course!

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I can honestly say that when we got shown to our room I got such a positive feel from it. It had a double aspect and was light and airy. The bed was large (6ft) and very comfortable. As it wa our anniversary the mngt had left a small bottle of champagne with fruit and chocs for us........lovely thoughtful gesture. The position of the hotel is superb........within easy walking distance to mian town square, shopping malls, museums and numerous restaurants.

Breakfast (included in our rate thankfully, as I wouldn't have chosen to pay for it) was quite below average. The choice was limited and the staff were 'miserable' (or at least appeared to be). No coffee/ tea refills were not readily offered (although coffee was pretty bad) and cooked items did
not seem to be replaced.

There was a lack of a mirror in the bedroom ( the only one being in the bathroom) and despite asking staff atvreception for an addirional mirror, was told this was not possible.

We genuinely liked this hotel and the 'down sides' did not detract from our wonderful stay there. Tallinn is a charming and quaint place with outstanding restaurants.

Go there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jean,

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback!

I am glad that you found it in you to see the positive side even though you were not pleased with the breakfast part. I can assure you that the buffet is always being reviewed by our chefs and we try to keep it to the best level possible.

Hopefully we will meet again and your critique can be swapped with some delightful surprises of our fresh attitude and good meals!

Kind regards,