“Awesome joint”

Ancho Mexican Food & Drink Bar
Ranked #120 of 1,056 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Comfort Mexican Food.
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

This place is superb. Can be quiet granted but we made this our local. Mexican props, cheap drink and great chicken piri piri wings. Cheapest Corona in Estonia at €2.50. Top Top joint.

1  Thank Maccatours

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I love Mexican food, but you won't find any here. I know "average Europeans" cant eat rally hot food, but for Ancho "hot" means "neutral". The place is certainly better than previous restaurant which was here (I have a separate review for that horrible place), but it's one of those places you visit once and don't get or see anything giving you a wish to come back. That as my case. I can't say it's bad - food was pretty-average (a bit below 3 points to be honest), but comparison is what matters and there are a few other places very close to Ancho which beat it any day. So, if you are running by and your hunger doesn't allow you to walk 300 meters more - feel free to eat there. If you love Mexican food - please pass by. In the end you can do like me - put a tick next to "places I visited", but not next to "places I like". I was there with my colleagues and no one ever came back. I have a feeling that Ancho's faith will be identical to all restaurants occupying the building before it - it will disappear in a few months. But if I'm wrong and it's still there in half a year - we'll see if has something to do with food quality.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Been there around 2 p.m. and there was no one else. The staff seemed to be nice and friendly, but food could've been better. The ribs were not bad, but should've been warmer. I liked the Mexican rice, though.

If I'd have to describe this place in one sentence I'd say: "nice, but nothing special"

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Friendly people, tequila, lime, burrito. What do you need besides that?
Works till deep night on weekends.

1  Thank Антон П
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Found this place by accident, had nice time even though I was alone, waiting staff was so nice and chatted with me. Since I'm not so eager for spicey food, had some chicken which was supposed to be not spicy. It was maybe just a little bit spicy still, but I loved the chicken, vegetable and mango sauce combination a lot. I tried some Estonian small brewey beer, I do not remember the name now, but with the orange label, was the best. Definitely going back and maybe even turning the spicy level ub next time.

1  Thank TimHennu