“If you wanna start your day with good breakfast”

Cafe Lyon Coffee & Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 62 Coffee & Tea in Tallinn
Cuisines: French
Description: Meistri Cafe Lyon is a French-style cafe and restaurant that was nominated as one of the 50 best restaurants in Estonia after only half a year of being in business. The Michelin-starred chef Sasu Laukkonen has been a visiting chef at Meistri Cafe Lyon, and dinners accompanied by wine from the world’s best wine cellar have been held here. The speciality of the restaurant is the wide selection of cakes and tarts hand-made on the spot according to the best French recipes.
Reviewed September 21, 2018

Been there mostly in the mornings. Fresh and warm pastries, porridge, omlette. And it is very hard to say no to those cakes too. Not very crowded, fresh newspaper and also good for the first business meeting with breakfast.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a reviewReviews (59)

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

I had a quick lunch here. French onion soup which was not French in style. More onions than anything else! I took photos as proof. I had the liquid as there is no way I can eat so many onions.
The dessert was a different story. Creme Brûlée! Just divine. The best i have had for a long time.
Server polite, helpful and understood my need for quick service. Pleasant French music gently in the background. Maybe my choice of soup was wrong!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 4, 2018

We had coffee and cakes at the Viru Lyon and the service was fast and very friendly. The service person helped us out with our orders and described accurately which pastries were very rich and which on a lighter side. Service to the table in a cafe is a rarity these days, so that was a big plus as well as the soft sofas and wing chairs where you could relax and rest your tired feet for a while. Clean toilets, too, that's always important.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018

We had lunch at Õismäe cafe.We had slow cooked beef cheek and from lunch menu quiche with salad.The portions for the price were quite small indeed, because what they called "salad" was only a couple of tomato and cucumber slices, no actual salad.And the salad cost a half of the price (whole dish was 5.50 euros).The food was okay,but the price you pay is not worth the food you get.Overall,I recommend to try cakes instead,they are delicious.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 25, 2018

I was there for a breakfast yesterday. I arrived three minutes before the official opening time at 8am, since the door was open I entered, planning to wait at a table until the place opens and I can order. The waitress got really angry with me - started ranting "why are you coming in here? what do I need to do to keep you out of here? i am not ready yet! don't you understand that we open at 8?" Since I had agreed a breakfast meeting with a potential partner, I had to stay there for breakfast but I don't think I would go back.

Date of visit: May 2018