“Tabinoya was the place where I desired to come back after a long day in Old Town.”
Review of Tabinoya

Tabinoya
Ranked #1 of 42 Tallinn B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I loved the hostel. Actually, Tabinoya Travelers House doesn`t look like a typical hostel, it`s a comfortable place with all conveniences, very cozy and clean.
The hostel is located it an old buiding just in the heart of the Old Town. One wouldn`t say that it is inhabited :) It loocked so small from the outside. But the hostel itself occupys two froors, there is a bathroom, a microwave oven and tea facilities in each of them. Also there is quite large, well equiped kitchen. Moreover, every weekend you may visit the hostel`s sayna, the timetable is always at the reception desk.
As for me, I steyed in Tabinoya for one night. All the day long I was walking around Tallinn and this hostel was the place where I desired to come back after a long day.
I booked mixed dorm. The room was very clean and the bed cloths were fresh. It lockated in the attic, with a large side window facing Old Town. Surprisingly, but even if the window is open, it was quite silent in the room. Almost everything in the hostel is made of wood and it gave a special sence of old times. There are soft, webbed rugs on the floor. Shared bathroom is quite small but comfortable.
I would like to thank the staff of the hostel and a friendly hostess and nice russian chambermaid. I will stay in Tabinoya during my next trip to Tallinn, for sure! I highly reccomend you particular this hostel.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had to stay in Tallinn for a week and chose to stay with Tabinoya on the recommendation of a friend. So glad I did! The staff is super accommodating and friendly, especially the owner, Taro. The hostel is a quieter one, but that doesn't mean it was boring or lame by any means. It's right by a ton of fantastic restaurants and literally a two minute walk into the Old Town Square. So conveniently located for everything and just a great place with a lot of character. As it was recommended to me, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone else!

Room Tip: I stayed in the 8 person room. The bottom bunks have curtains across them which help improve your sl...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here for 4 nights. We spent 2 nights in a 4 bed dorm and the other 2 in an 8 bed dorm. All the rooms were spotlessly clean, the 4 bed had an en suite and the 8 bed ample shower and toilet facilities.
The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, they gave us loads of advice on our planned day trip to Helsinki as well as recommending good places to eat.
The highlight was the breakfast - fresh bread from the bakery down the road, real butter, real coffee, and cereal for those that wanted it.

This cozy hostel has those perfect thoughtful touches - lights on all the beds, curtains across the bunks, plenty of plug sockets for your gadgets, a padlock provided for your locker and free wifi as well as a desktop computer. There is plenty of space to sit and chat with fellow travellers - there's also a sauna but I didn't try it out!

Located right in the heart of Tallinn old town, this quiet, friendly, non party hostel surely cannot be beaten for price and comfort - between €12 - €14 a night including breakfast. I guarantee you won't be disappointed with your stay here!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I just came back from a trip to the Baltics which kicked off nicely with a stay at the Tabinoya.

I had a single room that was very clean with a comfortable bed. My room was located at the front of the building and was a bit noisy from passing party goers. So I strongly suggest bringing ear plugs.

The shared areas are comfortable. The free breakfast served is enough to fill your stomach which included: fresh bread from the bakery down the street, jam, cereal/milk, and coffee and tea. The shared bathrooms were clean through-out my stay and I never had a problem accessing them.

Taru and his staff are very helpful and friendly. The hostel is located in the old town close to everything.

I highly recommend this hostel, especially if you are traveling solo.

1  Thank TorranceLady
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Tallinn can be a very expensive destination, but Tabinoya offers great value. It is an extremely friendly, spotlessly clean hostel. The staff is all English speaking and they are most interested in your comfort and that you enjoy your time in Tallinn. Staff suggestions saved me time and money during my stay. Coffee and tea are always available, and a nice breakfast is served each morning. Wifi is fast and strong, and the location in the Old Town could not be better.
Again, this is a hostel, not a Hilton. If you want to spend 10 times as much, then go to the Hilton. But you will not find a better hostel experience in Tallinn than Tabinoya.

4  Thank scuba71
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This review is long overdue. I had the most amazing experience at Tabinoya.
The best location- right in the center of Tallinn
The best service- they helped me with everything and went out of their way to make my stay in Tallinn amazing
The best amenities- standard everything and they even have a real Estonian sauna!
The cleanest rooms- actually the whole place was completely spotless
I felt right at home as soon as I got there which is why I decided to write this review. I always hostel when I travel round the world, this was seriously the best. Thank you Tabinoya!
-Michael from Los Angeles

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Good choice for travellers - common space for resting, hostel right in the centre of Tallinn, breakfast included, comfortable beds.
Nice administrators and owner.
Big stairs inside but a good gym everyday)
Compleatly reccomended! :)