“Nothing Greek about it....”
Review of Syrtaki

Syrtaki
Ranked #633 of 1,280 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed December 22, 2015

I am sorry to say we went there hoping for a glimmer of true Greek cooking. We were seriously disappointed. We ordered the saganaki. It was fried mozzarella with focaccia. We ordered beef souvlaki, it did not taste like beef. We ordered pork skewers with baked potato. They brought potato wedges and the driest pork I have had in years. And when we asked if this was the baked potato, she said yes. And everything is a la carte. The pictures beside the food show the dishes come with potatoes but when we paid, the sides were an extra charge.
We hear the owner is in Greece, he never visits, and he has owned this restaurant for 15 years.
I would be embarrassed to own this place and to call it Greek. It was sad and quite a let down.

Date of visit: December 2015
2  Thank michaelwadel
Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed September 4, 2015

Beautiful interior, good service, relaxing atmosphere. Interesting place to visit. However, food can be slightly improved.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed August 23, 2015

A great little place as a stop off for a drink and cake. Quick service at a reasonable price. Watch out for the tea pots that can scold you!! Would recommend.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed August 13, 2015 via mobile

Nice position.
You can relax outside with sunshine.
Food is average.
Service very very slow.
WiFi available but very slow

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed August 3, 2015

I was in Tallin with my family and we tried to find a specific restaurant but couldn't find it. We were quite hungry so we looked around and found Syrtaki. Me and my family were all really disappointed with the food we ordered. Especially the portion my brother had, the squid was slimy and the topping inside the squid was cold. The waiters didn't hurry at all to bring us drinks and the bread they brought to our table wasn't free. The waiters didn't seem to like their jobs or serving the customers. The worst service also that I ever had.

I had to say, I really don't believe these reviews that say Syrtaki's food taste like Greek food. I have been in Greek, and my parents go there every summer so we sure know what Greek food tastes like.

Date of visit: July 2015