“Great medieval food off the main square”
Review of Estlander - CLOSED

Estlander
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Try the elk liver pate' with home baked bread and the starter plate! I had the pork chop and my partner the salmon with beetroot. Both great. But don't order too much as they also serve a generous helping of complementary side vegetables with the mains. I'd go back!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Let's be honest, I went because the menu looked fairly good and there were cute girls in cool costumes. I had one of the few non-meaty dishes - Lobster soup with bread that could break a skull - and it was really good. Would have rather taken one of the food tours that touch on new Nordic cuisine, but for a quick meal this was nice.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had the menu with everything. It was great value for money and very tasty. I found myself trying food I don't usually like such as liver pate and mushrooms. Though you could ask for more, we did not have to. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was nice.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We went to Estlander for an early lunch so we took the tasting plates. Very affordable and super tasty! (8€) the plate came with two big slices of home baked bread, marinated mushrooms, ham, salt pickles, herring, marinated garlic, herring-cottage cheese, sauer-kraut... Really good! I also recommend to try the kvass "drink".

The waiter was super nice and friendly. He convinced us to try the home made marcipan cake also. It was very good and the waiter even gave us some info on how to buy good marcipan.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

awesome.. great food excelent service.. a medievil ambiente.. the only con is the toillet room that is as dirty as a medievil is supposed to be.
i tottally recomend this restaurant for a feast