“Good place to experience Chinese food”
Review of Dao Hua

Dao Hua
Ranked #551 of 955 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: Chinese
Tallinn, Estonia
“Good place to experience Chinese food”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Dao Hua is placed outside of city center. So its bit cheaper. The service was very attentive and caring, balancing on the border of annoying.
If the house is full, the waiter gets easily confused and mixes the orders.

The food was excellent and exotic for European customer. It's mainly traditional food from Sichuan province. I've been there three times and the quality as always been perfect.

Atmosphere is bit too dark but it also makes the place cozy.

• Visited March 2013

Budapest, Hungary
“The place we keep coming back to”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

If I had grown up in China's Sichuan province, I might be able to say that the food at Dao Hua is as good as any you will find there. Sorry, no can do. I can tell you that in the United States, Dao Hua, would be considered a very good Szechuan style American-Chinese restaurant. After having dined in them for more than half a century, I'm happy to say I've found an Estonian-Chinese one that I'm quite fond of here in Tallinn. The restaurant is just across the street from the Hotel Olümpia, you just can't see it from the hotel. A short walk toward Stockman's from the hotel, look across the street you will see an archway in a grey building leading to Mardi Street and the restaurant.

With the exception of Mondays, there is a good chance you will meet the owner, Ruihua Yang, if you go for lunch. The atmosphere is an inviting quiet oasis that is a welcome change from many of the bustling eateries in the city. My bias has always been towards spicy Chinese dishes, and I can say the Kung Pao or the Beef & Peppers on a hot skillet tend to be the favorites among my co-workers. The dumplings, small Spring rolls, or "triangles" are good starters and jasmine tea is my beverage of choice. If you order a spicy dish, I suggest you not order anything hotter than "medium" unless you are a fan of Thai or Habanero "heat". The menu is translated into a number of languages and available online as well.

• Visited September 2012