“Excellent value.”
Review of Dzingel

Dzingel
Ranked #76 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying 4 nights at Hotell Dzingel. There is an old saying that you get what you pay for! Well, with this hotel you get more! I paid less than £16gbp per night for B&B. My room was very good. Light & clean with en-suite toilet & shower. Satellite tv with almost 100 channels. Free use of hotel sauna. Breakfast was fantastic. Buffet style with a wide ranging choice of both hot & cold. Masses of cereals & unlimited hot & cold drinks.
I would most definitely recommend this hotel. Only a 20minute bus journey to Tallinn Old Town & Ferry port.

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank dobbstar

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The staff were totally NOT friendly and were acting like they hated every client that walked through the main entrance.The bathroom door in our room didn't have any kind of lock and it was totally uncomfortable for me as I was travelling with my work-mate.
Once we asked the girls at the reception to call us a taxi,to which they responded that they didn't have any kind of taxi to call,but as far as I know , almost every hotel cooperates with some kind of taxi company..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Elena V
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This place is one of the biggest disappointments I've had whilst travelling, and unfortunately it spoiled my time in Tallinn, which is truly a beautiful town.

Firstly, its location is not ideal. I didn't think I'd find it as frustrating as I did, but it really is a pain to have to catch the bus in and out, especially because I like to have a nap at the hotel around 6pm before heading out for dinner. It's at least a 15 minute bus ride, and there is no way that you can walk into town, unless you have a decent couple of hours to spare.

The service here is staggeringly rude. I've stayed in hundreds of hostels, hotels and guesthouses around the world, and this place has had the rudest, most umwelcoming service of anywhere I've stayed. Not one of the receptionists smiled, said hello, thank you or made me feel like I was a valued customer.

The first day I was there, I thought the breakfast was served till 11am (it's not - it's 10am on weekdays) and realised my mistake in the elevator when I was going down at 10.01am. I asked the receptionist if i was too late, and she just looked at me with an air of disdain, rolled her eyes, let out a huge sigh and said I'd have to ask the staff in the restaurant. The staff in there were not any better and I received the same sort of response. They did, however, let me eat the food that was still out.

There is wifi available, but it's a ridiculous system, whereby you need to constantly log onto their website and connect to the service. I couldn't work out why the internet kept failing to work, but thankfully I realised what I needed to do.

I could hear the person on top of me constantly walking around his room and making thudding noises, which kept making the light in my room vibrate. It was utterly frustrating.

I booked this place out of desperation (all my preferences were fully booked) and would never go here again. In fact, I mentioned to some Estonian friends that I'd booked here and they all started laughing. This place has got a bad reputation in Tallinn.

Do yourself a favour and book a place in town. It might cost you a few extra euros, but you will save them on the bus fares/taxi fares that you need to shell out for by staying here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank PennyW26
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Located at a very beautiful neighbourhood of Tallinn, even though quite far from the centre. Very easy to find it. Staff was always very kind and helpful and everyone spoke English. Checking in and out was rapid. Provides hotel-owned large and free car parking area. Free internet access through wi-fi. Open bar inside hotel, open until quite late.

Looks and feels quite outdated. Breakfast was nice, but somehow limited, compared to the size of the hotel. Price was fine, but it could be even less, for what it offers.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Im guessing you have spent £10-£25 per night for this hotel, Yes.

Rooms are clean, bed linen is clean, toilet is clean and toilet roll is available. Room all good.
Nice big lobby area, helpful staff who had no problems phoning taxis or pointing you in the right direction.

It is a wee bit out of town but taxis cost us between €5-€15 and it was about a 10minute, max, taxi ride. Better than the bus IMO.

Would stay here again without a shadow of a doubt.

Good spot.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank JonnyLOEF
Reviewed November 7, 2011

The hotel is located in the residential area (individual homes) on the outskirts of Tallinn, in the 9 storey block type building from late soviet times. The bus No. 5 stops next to the hotel and takes you to the city center in 10-15 minutes (0,8 eur). The rooms are rather small, basic, but clean and not worn too much. Bathroom is clean, no problem with that, water pressure excelent. The choice of dishes served for dinner in restaurant is not wide, but quality is good. The breakfast is included in price and is more-less good. The bigest drawback is absence of fresh fruit and green salads.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank SauliusAd
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I used a single room some days ago. It was an emergency to book the hotel, because there are many better hotels in Tallinn at the same rate. But ordering on a same day, especially on Friday, gives less oportunities. This hotel is big enough, and always has free accommodations. Location is not central, but it takes some ten minutes to reach downtown by bus. The bus stop is right in front of the hotel. And you can buy tickets at the reception. For those travellers on cars, free parking and also a guarded parking. Nice outside territory with benches and gazebos, so I can imagine there is a good relaxing place in summers. The restaurant is big, breakfast is okey. And especially I liked the convenient mattress in my room. So I do not exclude I will use the hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business