“lovely stay”
Review of Hotel Imperial

Hotel Imperial
Ranked #26 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just returned from a three night stay at this small friendly hotel. Rooms are on the small size but very clean an functional. The receptionist was very helpful an our room was ready early so we could unpack immediately. The buffet breakfast is of a good standard an you can always find something that you like. The bar is reasonably priced an the whole hotel is full of character an charm. We would definitely stay here again, as it's a good location an good value for money.

Room Tip: Top floor room
Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JulieRedditchEngland

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This hotel is nice smallish hotel, located in the old town of Tallinn. Our room was quite small, but very nicely decorated. Hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was great with lot of things to eat. Also the hotel pub was nice for couple of drinks. Overall this hotel is really nice, and the best thing is the location. There are many really good and cheap restaurants nearby. And really good cafe just opposite this hotel! You should try some pastry for less than 1 eur!
We also reserved parking place for our car (they have only 3 parking places), If you have is quite low (we have Toyota prius), you should really watch our, while driving to parking area. Our car bottom hit some gate structure, but luckily it was not damaged!
Overall I highly recommend this hotel, if you want to stay in Tallinn old town!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VenlaJ
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I reserve and I pay one room for 3 adult in september, and than I arrive I have found one room for 2 adult and there is not a very third bed ,but one terrible bed for a child.And the first night there is broken ,the same the second night (and the hotel give me a single room) the third night the third bed there is broken, and in this night the hotel is full, than my father sleep on the floor.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
2  Thank Gallo G
Reviewed December 22, 2013

So I was in BHI with my boyfriend. We both are a bit over 20 years old.

The hotel is pretty hard to find the first few times, but the small alleys are one of the places charms. I think the location is perfect. It's surprisingly close to the centre. We were out one night and found our way back easily even a bit drunk.

The hotel gave me a A+ first impression. The receptionist was friendly compared to Estonian people in general. There was a lovely Christmas tree in the lobby and a nicely dressed cleaning lady vacuuming the carpet. By nicely dressed I mean cute uniform, not some over-sized t-shirt and jeans. (It's the little things!)

We left our car in the parking area. It was smaller than we thought (space for max 3 cars), but it didn't matter since there were no other cars. Not sure how it works in busier seasons. Parking was 15e/day.

Our room was 302. At first, I didn't like the room. It seemed really small and it smelled like cat pee. It wasn't super pungent, but it was there. We didn't smell it after few hours, tough. We took a nap and I fell in love with the bed, it was probably the most comfortable bed ever. The sheets and everything. I miss you, bed! Second glimpse of the room was completely different. It was clean, beautiful and pretty high class. Really cute and romantic. Maybe I was just tired when we got there.

I was very pleased with the breakfast.

I love cheeses so we had to try the Cheese restaurant. It was actually one of the main reasons why we booked Hotel Imperial! The atmosphere there is very warm and it's a well decorated place. Our waiter seemed really kind, but insecure. We asked what cheeses were in the cheese plate we ordered, and he didn't know! He said very embarrassed that they were different cheeses. Ok, thank you for that? We expected the waiter to have some knowledge of cheeses since he worked in a cheese restaurant. The food on the other hand was incredible. My boyfriend had a beef steak and I had the duck. The waiter didn't ask how would my boyfriend wanted his steak. The steak (it was cooked medium), though, was easily the best one I had tasted. The duck was also so good. I'm sorry I don't know any good words to describe the food, but it really was excellent.

All in all, I was really pleased with the Hotel. We might visit it again next year. :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nora M
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Very quite little hotel situated just behind the main square.
Great location. Easy to go everywhere in old town.
Lovely breakfast with all you need served in the room of medieval knights.
Cosy room with space enough and very clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erkki K
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have just returned from a long weekend break in Tallinn, staying at the Baltic Imperial. The hotel is well located for a visit to the city, being right by the old part and close to the main attractions. We stayed with a group of friends and all of us enjoyed our stay at the hotel and the town.
The hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff were all friendly and very helpful. We had bed and breakfast, the breakfast was good with plenty of choice from a buffet style, enough to set you up for a day in town. All the rooms for our group (all double rooms) were a good size, clean and comfortable. Overall the hotel was very good value for money. I would return again and have already recommended it to a friend.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hotel is ideally located for exploring the old city of Tallinn. Within a couple of minutes walking your are in the main square of the old town, and from there all areas of the old city are easily accessed. The railway station is also within walking distance and the harbour for the Baltic Sea ferries is a short taxi ride away.

The room was small, but comfortable and very clean.

The staff are extremely friendly and were very welcoming and helpful for the entire length of our stay.

The menu choice in the restaurant is not overly inspiring, and a lot of the food is fried, but it is well cooked and beautifully presented.

Breakfast is reasonable, with a good choice of cold foods, but the choice of hot food is somewhat lacking.

The decor of the hotel is lovely and sympathetic to its surroundings and to the atmosphere of the old city.

The price of the room was very reasonable and we got excellent value for money.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple