“First class hotel in every respect”
Review of The Three Sisters

The Three Sisters
Ranked #7 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I stayed here in early Feb 2011 and it is without question one of my best hotel experiences.

On checking in, as well as being offered a complimentary pot of tea, I was told I had been upgraded to a suite, which was very nice. The room itself was beautifully appointed, a massive, really comfy bed, tastefully decorated and full of period features. The vast, rolltop bath & shower was in the same room as the bed, which was unusual but fun. Housekeeping was excellent and the room service food I had on arrival was very good.

All the staff in the hotel were extremely polite and efficient througout my stay, be it for breakfast (a buffet of hot & cold food, also very good), answering the phone, serving you a drink or just welcoming you back into the hotel, remembering your name and which room you are staying in.

The location is excellent, an easy walk into the centre (and the rest) of the old town and a bit of a tourist attraction in its own right. The restaurant Bordoo is also excellent if you want to try beautifully cooked and presented contemporary Estonian cuisine.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Stuey73

Reviewed February 3, 2011

I stayed at the Three Sisters in the early part of January of this year. The hotel itself is beautiful; one really does feel like they're staying in the 'Old Town' but with all of today's amenities. If you're looking for a 'modern' hotel that imitates a larger chain I would recommend Hotel Telegraaf instead.
I had a suite, which may have helped to impress me; I understand all rooms are at a minimum nice, but the suites are considerably better. The bed was very comfortable and the furnishings were of a great quality.
Now, the reason I had a suite was that my room (and the rooms of all of my fellow travelers) were unavailable when we checked in. Apparently there was a government function or such that meant our rooms were unavailable. This was perfectly understandable - and the hotel sourced temporary accommodation at the very nice Telegraaf Hotel - but it was disappointing not to be notified before arriving at the hotel.
Apart from this, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
Overall, I'd recommend this hotel thoroughly - it has a great location, lots of charm, and the staff were great when I was there. The only thing preventing this from getting a full 5/5 from me was the hassle at check-in.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2010

The Three Sisters is undoubtedly the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The buildings and rooms are beautiful, and the staff are polite, helpful, and speak fantastic English. Our quirky room had a bath in the bedroom section, but also a lovely bathroom with a shower, which was slightly more practical...
If you're staying here, make sure you order a coffee in the lounge sometime - not only do you get coffee, but a selection of handmade chocolates, they're divine! Only one small criticism, there were no tea and coffee making facilities in our room, but this just meant more coffee and chocolates!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jools_Glos
Reviewed September 22, 2010

We enjoyed 3 nights in a lovely top floor room that overlooked the street. Every morning we woke to tourists looking up at the hotel while on a foot tour. That made us smile, knowing that we were enjoying this property first hand. The staff was very helpful, the location is perfect for touring the entire old town on foot. Breakfast was plentiful, indoors or out. We had a multi course dinner one night, which was included in our package, and it was really superb. It was quite warm, and there was no air conditioning, but the staff provided a fan at our request, and that took care of the air temperature. The bathroom was large and had a tub as well as a walk in shower. Housekeeping was excellent. It is only a 10-15 minute walk to the ferry dock, very convenient if you are heading in or out by boat. Tallinn is an incredibly preserved town, clean and safe. Loved it!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela V
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We spent two nights at the Three Sisters and were extremely pleased. A young and energetic but also professional staff was always ready to help. Each room was different. We of course were happy to be upgraded, but we did peek at other rooms and all were nice. The restaurant is definitely worth a try for an excellent meal. The hotel location has the charm of the old town but is a few minutes walk from the central square so not surrounded by noisy restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank plongeurcaraibes
Reviewed September 3, 2010

The hotel is located in a fabulous, historical building. But it's definitely not value for money. Average rooms (size, furniture). Average service: girls at the reception were most courteous but this was not the case of other staff. And a lot of details don't fit in the picture of a four-star hotel: you don't get extra shower gel if you stay more than one day; you'd better bring few clothes as there's hardly no space to store them...And the 'biggest' detail is the restaurant. Here, with a poor service and for 70€ (dinner : starter, dessert and wine, no meat or fish), you definitely feel like being a cash cow.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomkol_10
Otto0105, General Manager at The Three Sisters, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2010

Dear Thomkol_10!

Thank you for choosing The Three Sisters Hotel Tallinn!
I was really disappointed to find out about a negative experience you had at our hotel; I am truly sorry for all the inconveniences. And as your first experience at The Three Sisters, it must have been not what you have come to expect. Let me assure you that our guests’ comfort is a top priority for us and all of our team members put all of their efforts into achieving this goal.
First of all let me note, that we do change our bathroom amenities on a daily base at least once. This is a standard procedure in our luxury hotel.
Our 11 room and 12 suites are compared to the market very spacious with sizes between 25 and 70 sqm. Each room is individually decorated and designed. Our wardrobes offering in all rooms and suites capacities for 10 hangers, at least three drawers and additional shelfs. I apologize if it caused any inconveniences for you beeing not enough.
Our restaurant Bordoo offer signature menus and a la carte dishes from our Executive Chef Tõnis Siigur which is available on our Hotel website. Based on this list the dinner you mentioned: starter, dessert, a glass of wine, mineral water and coffee; is priced at 695 Estonian Krons/ € 44. On our terrace you can enjoy different dishes and your selection costs 545 Estonian Krons/ € 35. We sincerely regret that you felt like a cash cow.
Let me one more time assure you that such level of service is not typical for our hotel. We always train our team members to do their outmost to provide our guests with comfortable and hassle-free stay.
I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you in our hotel and provide you with the services you have come to expect form a 5* hotel.
As we did not had any Belgium guest staying with us beginning of September this year even no single occupied room I would really appreciate your efforts to contact me directly. It would help us to improve our standards in the room you stayed with us. Please find my contact details on our hotel website.

Best regards,

Sebastian Kraemer

Reviewed August 2, 2010

The Three Sisters Hotel is located perfectly on the border of Tallinns old town. As the name says its build of three old townhouses merged together to one small and cute hotel. Overall well done, though the room's interior design is of a kind ou will not love in 5 years – it lokks faceless compared to the charming rest of the house. The service was perfectly friendly and helpful, the breakfast buffet a surprise in qualtity and choice. If I come back to Tallinn I definately will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple