“Elegant and accommodating”
Review of The Three Sisters

The Three Sisters
Ranked #7 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed September 11, 2013

As you walk into this elegant and finest boutique hotel in Tallinn you are instantly greeted by friendly and cooperative staff who exist to accommodate and anticipate your every need. This hotel offers 5 star service and houses the most elegant and private courtyard in all of Tallinn. The restaurant is fine dining with an ever changing menu and in the summertime they offer an amazing outdoor BBQ where you can enjoy a delicious variety of foods and mingle with locals and tourists alike. The best kept secret is the exclusive downstairs Beluga bar where I hosted a private party for 50 people that the hotel staff went above and beyond to ensure was a tremendous success but also is perfect for an evening of quiet drinks and cigars with friends. I will certainly think first of Three Sisters in the future when planning events and I cannot resist occasionally stopping by for tea and homemade sweets.

This is one place that I will bring all of my friends and business associates who come to Tallinn and I can be assured they will be handled with the most hospitable care.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had wanted to stay at this hotel on previous visits to Tallinn and circumstances on this visit made this possible. What a lovely hotel! From the welcome we received on arrival, to the assistance during our stay to the moment we left we felt we were truly a guest and not just people passing through who had to be regarded as a line entry in an account book. The staff are excellent. The hotel itself? Lovely rooms, good free wifi, very comfortable beds, great bathrooms (with a bath and not just a shower) and all the usual amenities. The courtyard is a lovely spot for a quiet drink before heading out for the evening. As regards location, the hotel is in three mediaeval buildings in a quiet part of the Old Town although within very easy walking distance of everything. I am looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ullans
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel consists of 3 buildings, that's why all the rooms are different and it's worth to watch and compare the rooms before check-in procedure. You will be able to get what you like more. This hotel is interesting to people who likes to see old historical buildings and who interested in the architecture. Staff is knowlegeble, helps to solve all the problems.
A little bit out of the center, less than 10 min walk means that you do not have huge crowds. It's very good point!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sont_eric
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Front desk service is the best we have had for a long time. Example, we needed a special milk for our baby and could not translate the name in Estonian, they helped us translate and when we came down later at the reception and they had fetched it for us.
People complain about the wifi. They now have a router in almost every corner and even if it is an old building with big walls we got it everywhere in the hotel. As far as we are concerned, it is no longer a problem.
There is an AC in our room and we found it unnecessary as the temperature never exceeded 24 degrees and we turned it off.
Breakfast was rather pleasant. They have excellent home made yoghourt, very good latte and cappuccino.
They are committed to your having a great time. We had booked a taxi through their hotel that showed up late at the airport. When we got to the hotel to help us forget that start on the wrong foot they prepared a late diner according to our wishes.
Seems that quite a few did not like this place but, although we are very demanding travelers, we had a fantastic experience here and would warmly recommend the place.
The Bordoo restaurant is not very inspired, to say the least, but I would not link it to the hotel experience as you do not have to eat there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mobida
Reviewed August 2, 2013

In the UK one of my favourite boutique hotel groups is Malmaison that owns Hotel du Vin. Interesting buildings, sensitively refurbished with individual, stylish rooms and helpful staff. Well, the Three Sisters in the historic old city of Tallinn is every bit as good as any Hotel du Vin I have stayed in.

Situated on a cobbled street down by an historic old gateway into the city my party arrived for an overnight stop after an afternoon's golf at the excellent Estonia golf & country club some 25 minutes out of town. I was really looking forward to a beer so, having been shown to my delightful, airy suite overlooking the pedestrian only street I popped downstairs to sit in a delightful courtyard garden.

Prices in Tallinn are so cheap that Finns regularly come across from Helsinki on the Star Ferry to buy back the very beer that has been exported from their own country to Estonia, albeit at a fraction of the prices charged back at home.

So not only is the Three Sisters delightful it is also sensational value. And sitting in the garden with first my beer and then my gin and tonic was a joy. Sadly the only meal I ate there was the excellent breakfast on the morning of our departure having been taken for dinner to the toe curlingly gruesome Olde Hansa, where faux medieval feasts are served to hordes of tourists. What comes up there, presented by men in tights needs further comment elsewhere. So here I will simply say do not go. Ever.

Simply enjoy everything that the Three Sisters can offer. You will not be disappointed. I loved my all too brief visit there.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony but make sure you have a room on one level as there are some rooms with beds set o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Golfing-Steve
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I can usually rely on Relais and Chateaux hotels to have excellent service and unique buildings. The Three Sister hotel is definitely unique – it isn’t often that one looks out their hotel window in the morning to see a throng of tourists all taking photos. And the room was lovely. Unfortunately, the service lets it down somewhat. Front desk, during our visit, was very good. The breakfast staff though needs some improvement. English skills were very poor; service was inattentive. And the attached restaurant – Bordoo (which I hope they do not have an affiliation with) was a massive disappointment. Food was uninspiring, and service was extremely poor.

I also agree, as the previous reviewers, that the safe didn't work (slight annoyance), and the wi-fi was very poor (a bigger annoyance).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We are discerning travelers but fairly easy to please. Three Sisters was a huge disappointment. We booked this place because it advertises free Wifi. In our first room, the Wifi did not work at all (it's an old building and they have routers on the different floors presumedly), the safe did not work, the robes had large holes in them, the fan did not work (no AC) and our room was meant to accommodate disabled travelers so the bathroom was outfitted like a hospital. That was not a big deal but we were on a romantic trip and hoped to at least have a bathtub. When we asked if there was another room available, the hostess wasn't accommodating. She showed us to a room off the restaurant outdoor courtyard (very loud) with one window. We declined moving. The next day we tried again with another host. He showed us to another room after offering to "upgrade" us for more money. We declined the upgrade but moved to the other room that was the same price as ours. The Wifi worked occasionally but the safe was also broken and it was very hot in the room. There is no air conditioning in the hotel which is usually not a problem in Tallinn but with only one window, the old buildings can be very stuffy in the summer. The hotel's manager offers a welcome letter that says they work to make all details perfect. This place is far from perfect. For the price, please find another place. We were very disappointed. Very. Even the coffee for breakfast was burned.

Room Tip: Our hostess told us there is no AC in the building but apparently some rooms have it. You need a roo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple