Taanilinna Hotell
$122
$112
$321
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold citygreat locationquiet locationquaint hotelfree wifiviru gatesno elevatorwithin walking distanceyogurtquiet at nightshower roomhistoric buildingnice roomthe ground flooron footporridgebeds were comfortable
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We had a really good stay in Taanilinna Hotel, Tallinn. The location could hardly be better, just outside the old city walls, less than five minutes walk to the town square. When our planned trip by fast ferry was cancelled due to the weather the staff were wonderful in helping us to re-book and keen to hear how we had got on. Breakfast was basic but considering the price we had no complaints.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
TallinnHotels, Front Office Manager at Taanilinna Hotell, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

We are glad that You enjoyed Your stay in our hotel. The members of our staff are happy to hear that their efforts are appreciated, and they would like to thank You from the bottom of their hearts. We are always happy to welcome You back in our hotel and hope that we will be Your main choice during Your trips to Tallinn.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed at Taanilinna Hotel for 2 nights recently and I have to say that I'm quite pleased with the hotel itself. The room I got had 2 small twins and is oddly shaped. It was also quite small. However, the room was clean and the bed was quite comfortable. I was also in Japan last year and the room is actually larger than those I stayed in while I was in Japan.

As most other reviewers had said, the service was very good. The staff spoke English quite well and were very polite. The breakfast was simple but I can't complain given the price of the hotel. More importantly, it was quiet at night as there are no restaurants or bars close to the hotel!

Given that I was only in Tallinn for 2 nights, I'm really glad I picked this hotel. There was a supermarket right next to it (but you have to go around the block) where you can pick up supplies like water and chocolate. It was right by old town so I was able to walk to the old town square within 10 minutes. The city tour bus was also a short 3 minute walk away. If you sign up for the KGB tour, the hotel where the tour is held is a short 10 minute walk away. I really love the convenience of this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback and please accept our sincerest gratitude. The opinion of our guests is vital to us, because it helps us understand what can be improved in order to make their experience in Tallinn more memorable. We are truly happy that You have enjoyed our hotel during Your short stay in Tallinn, and we are hoping to see You again in our hotel.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

I always prefer b&b's or other accommodation to hotels because I find them more friendly and with more character. However, when a business trip to Tallinn came up urgently and in short notice, I did not have the time to do my usual research and had to book immediately. I quickly browsed through big-chain hotels and stopped at Taanilinna because it looked like the smaller kind of places I usually prefer to stay and I soon discovered it was.

It has the feeling of a good, old family-run small hotel (have no idea who runs it). The arrangement and spaces inside, both common rooms and private rooms, are lovely, well-kept, clean and with very nice character. Breakfast is surely adequate and however not a wide selection, it sure was fresh and nice things to eat. Staff was friendly, polite and very approachable, yet discreet. Location is excellent. And finally, a reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

We are happy that You found our hotel to be charming and to Your liking. We always strive towards the creation of a comfortable atmosphere for our guests. After reading your review we understand that we are successful. Thank You for your opinion and kind words. We would be happy to welcome you again in our hotel if You happen to visit Tallinn in the future.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have just returned from a trip to Tallinn, which is a very picturesque city. Whilst in Tallinn I stay at this hotel, having spent a lot of time looking at hotels and reading reviews before going. I am very glad that this is the hotel at which I decided to stay, its in an excellent location, with most of the attractions within easy walking distant (a few minutes in some cases i.e Old Town Square). The style of this hotel matches the surrounding area, stone, wooden beams etc., and the staff are a massive plus for this hotel. They are very friendly, extremely helpful, and geniunely want the guests to be happy. I find it very hard to fault this hotel on anything, even the breakfast (which others have complained about) was of a sufficient quality, if a little lacking in choice.

If you are looking for a good place to stay, in a good location, that is good value for money...then like the title says there is a reason why this hotel has so many good reviews!!

UK Traveller (Essex)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

We are absolutely delighted after reading Your review. Please receive our endless gratitude, especially from our staff. It cannot be put into words how pleased we are to hear that we have left a good impression for You. We are always motivated by such kind words to continue doing our best for our guests. Most importantly, it helps us to become even better. We value our guests more than anything, and we treasure every bid of praise that we receive for all our hard work. Thank you, once again!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Rooms are clean and beautiful. Sound isolation is not very good. Staff is polite and helpful. Breakfast is scant including coffee, tea, bread, cheese, ham and yogurt. Dining room is beautiful.
Location is very good and rhe price is good.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple