“My stay at Radisson”

Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia
Ranked #19 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Hotel very nice, close to the old town. Must absolutely enjoy the breakfast, served in a terrace with view of the hotel front. Rooms are very clean, service is very friendly and efficient. Spa and swimming pool located on top are really wonderful. Receptionist really helpful, I was in need of rent a car and they provide it in half an hour. Really great service!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank Pietro D
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you did like your stay with us and will share your comments with my team with pleasure. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

My husband had to travel to Estonia for business. Nice hotel friendly staff, the hotel room was huge and we had a view overlooking the city. They have a really good restaurant inside the hotel and a casino. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sarai D

Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us and posting a comment on Tripadvisor. My team and I are very glad you did like your stay and we all hope you will visit us very soon again.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

The room was clean and comfortable but the building lacks modernity- the reception area, the spa, breakfast room are all a bit shabby for a 4 star.

Good news is that the hotel will be renovated at the end of the year so until then if you prefer a more modern hotel with a younger feel I would suggest staying at the sister-hotel Radisson Blu Sky which is a magnificent property a couple of corners down.

On the first day I could not find place to sit down to have breakfast..all the tables were full.. part of the restaurant was closed, I have no idea why as a lot of us was struggling to find a place to sit down. Ended up waiting for someone to leave then waiting for the table to be cleaned. Frustrating.
Second morning I was happy to get a table but then minutes later 2 other guests came up and joined me as they couldnt find a place to sit down...
To be honest no, I dont like sharing my table and eating breakfast together with complete strangers so that was very uncomfortable..
So please open more space from the restaurant and hire more staff as no matter how great selection of food was offered - the breakfast was a mess.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay. I have already discussed your remarks with my team and we will do our best to provide an outstanding breakfast experience to all of our guests. We all hope you will soon visit us again to check it out.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

stayed at this hotel for a quick visit to Tallinn, yet not in the city center staff was nice and friendly and the room had a great view and at the end of the day city is not that big so you can really walk any place. it was nice to have the coffee ready for my early check out ....

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olümpia. I am very glad you did like your stay and we all hope you will visit us soon again.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed in this hotel over the Easter period and have to say that it was jam packed with people....you can see that the hotel is doing well, both from a visitors perspective and also when you have a look at the employees.....they look happy working there.

All the staff was very courteous to us, and the breakfast was very well varied, and tasted good....the hotel is in walking distance from the city centre....no need to take a taxi, just walk and enjoy the breeze....

the hotel was very clean and well kept, with also some nice wines on the wine list....at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us during your stay in Tallinn and posting a comment on Tripadvisor. I will share your kind comments with my team and we all hope you will soon visit us again.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights as part of a tour. The hotel was built for the 1980 Olympics as Tallinn hosted the sailing for the games. Whilst it was comfortable and extremely well located for access to the Old Town it retains an 80's vibe and feels a bit dated. Our room was big enough but the decor and furnishings were old fashioned - such as the very chunky TV, analogue wooden thermometer; and the beds were low and very lumpy. Breakfast buffet was good - but always very busy. On a positive note the bar area was modern and a good place to meet and the coffee shop offered an excellent selection of cakes and snacks. As with all the hotels in this chain it comes with free wifi in all areas of the hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. Our hotel will undergo complete renovation of all standard rooms in the last quarter of this year. We would all be very happy to welcome you after that in one of our renovated standard rooms or before that in our well appointed superior rooms available for a small surcharge.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Large hotel close to the old town. The equipment and style of the room I stayed in (standard room) reflected the style and also the technical standard of the mid-90th and is pretty worn. The room was bright and also clean, but nevertheless I had the feeling to be in alower touristic-class inn than in a business hotel. The employees at reception told me, that the renovation will start in September 2014 - I hope it will be the "normal" Radisson standard than....
The breakfast was really good with a great choice of different food.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olümpia and posting a comment on Tripadvisor. It is actually true that we will start an extensive renovation of our standard rooms this year in October. We hope you will visit us again after that or stay in one of our very nice superior rooms in the meantime.