“Good business hotel”

Ranked #15 of 83 Hotels in Tallinn
Newcastle upon TYne
“Good business hotel”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed three nights at this business hotel in the modern centre of Tallinn in order to attend a two day seminar at the business centre.
The room was clean, well fitted out and comfortable.There were one or two minor gripes with the room - the coffee/tea maker was not straightforward to use and there was little space in the room to open the curtains.
I had the breakfast buffet. It was very busy and I think the restaurant struggled to cope with the number of guests. There was a European junior weightlifters convention at the hotel, which made the place more busy.
The business centre was well equipped and fit for purpose. Wifi was free and efficient.
I used the gym in the leisure centre which was also OK. The only complaint with this was that it was only free for use by guests in standard rooms in the morning and not in the evening. This was annoying.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms on the higher floors - they have superb views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olümpia. I am very glad you liked your stay. I will review your feedback with my team and make sure we make improvements where we can as you suggested. We all hope you will be visiting us soon again.

Meinrad Schibler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Where to start? It is very sad to say that my stay Tallinn was very disappointing due to the bad experience in the Radisson Blu Olümpia. Having worked in a few hotels, I am not the kind of person who complains. However, i am so disappointed that I would like to share my comment.
The beds are not up to a 4* hotel standards. The mattresses are old and very uncomfortable.
The wifi is very very slow. Granted, it is for free but the quiality is really poor. I would prefer to pay for for a decent connection. With this wifi it is impossible to have a skype call!

At 8pm we decided to go to the lobby bar and order a club sandwich, just as it was offered in the menu. We were told by the bartender that the food might take up to 1 hour as they had a huge group in the hotel and were busy with them. So, individual guests are not important because we dont velog to a group?

We then complained at the reception, we asked for the duty manager. The receptionist said there is no duty manager, yet another disappointment as she did not seem to be uderstanding at all.

My overall experience is disappointing and shameful, I

• Stayed September 2013
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olümpia. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations. I will review every part of your comments with my team and will assure that we will improve our servces where necessary. I do hope do welcome you again.

Meinrad
Roma (IT)
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I spent almost a week in the hotel for a long company meeting. I have been please by the room which was big, modern looking and with panoramic view over the city. The only minor defect was the shower: although the nice design, it was not very practice and I always flooded the bathroom!
The business centre was good in terms of infrastructure and services. The only remark is that aeration system was not always enough to cope with the room full for several hours. Also the buffet in the restaurant was quite repetitive.
Overall it has been a good experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am very glad you did like your stay. Your feedback is well appreciated and gives me and my team the motivation to keep meeting and exceeding our guests expectations.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I’ve stayed here many times during the past 15 years. Nice business hotel in Tallinn – great views from the upper floors. Very friendly personnel at the reception. Free wifi. Great breakfast. Visit also the gym & swimming pool & saunas! Solaris shopping center very close!

The only thing I didn’t like is the combined coffee / tea maker – I hate when my tea is tasting coffee :(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank johanna_dxb
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olümpia and posting a comment on Tripadvisor. I am very glad that you did like your stay here and will share your feedback with my team. We all hope that you will return the our hotel very soon.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Well refurbished, actually looks like the interior was gutted and redone two or three years ago.
Modern interiors, clean, quiet and functional rooms.
Pleasant staff. Good food.
10 mins walk from Old Town, Opera, concert Hall. Free car parking. Probably nearest big hotel to main bus station. Euro 6 taxi fate from airport.
Recommended for leisure or business.

• Stayed September 2013
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest

I am very glad you did like your stay in Tallinn at the Radisson Blu Olümpia. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with my team. We all hope you will visit us again very soon.

Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Lots to commend this property, starting with an evident staff commitment to service and doing whatever they can to ensure guest satisfaction. (Desk staff wear "Yes I Can" insignia and it appears they really are empowered to resolve any issues that may arise).

Predictably, the hotel is maintained to a high standard. All rooms are thoughtfully decorated, those on the north side have superb views of the Old Town. I would note, though, that longer term visitors ( or anyone just in need of a desk) will want to opt for a Business Class room for the requisite amount of space to conduct business -- as well as relax in style.

The 26th floor athletic facility is excellent, offering a well equipped gym, sauna, and a 16 meter x 3 lane pool. With workout complete, enjoy the no less excellent breakfast buffet. An impressive choice of items, and well maintained despite the hordes of guests that can slam the restaurant during the summer peak season. (The restaurant also has a fine ala carte lunch and dinner menu, creatively presented).

All in all, a great home away from home!

Room Tip: North side overlooks the Old City, Business Class rooms offer almost twice the space of the superior...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us and posting a comment on Tripadvisor. I am very glad that you did like your stay in Tallinn and at the Radisson Blu Olympia. I will share your feedback with my team and I am sure that it will be a big motivation for all of us to go the extra step also in the future. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Tallinn very soon.

Espoo
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Beautiful views over Tallinn and definitely closer to downtown than what we expected, within walking distance to all the main sights and many shops and restaurants. A big and new shopping center was just basically around the corner. The hotel was beautifully decorated, spacious and clean rooms. Also the bathroom was very clean and loved the little details in there like the showercurtain. Breakfast was more than good (but the area was very crowded) and staff extremely friendly and helpful. The only downside to us was the bed which was a bit too soft for our liking as well as the pillows but comfortable anyway. We'd highly recommend this beautiful hotel with super views over Tallinn to everyone!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RoadCalls
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Olympia and posting a comment on Tripadvisor. I am very glad that you did like your stay with us and will share your feedback with my team. We all hope that you will visit us again very soon.