“All you need” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“All you need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Came here for business. The hotel is in a good shape on the inside, has a pool on the top floor and free, fast, internet. Breakfast is good, rooms are clean and quiet and the staff is helpful and friendly. I can understand the feedback I am reading in other reviews regarrding the size of the room; especially when you are a tall person.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am very happy you did like your stay with us and will share your feedback with my team. We all hope that you will visit us soon again.

Meinrad Schibler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at several Radisson Blu hotels during a trip through the Baltic states. The Olympia was my least favorite. The room was very small with only 38cm of space between the end of the bed and the wall. This would be a real problem if you were a big person. As it was I had to walk sideways or I would hit my leg on the bed. The TV was the old fashioned sort they had before flat screens were invented. At least it was on a swivel base so you could watch it from the bed. There were tea and coffee making facilities, but no decaf coffee even when I asked for some. In the bathroom the shower was over a very high bath (62cm from the floor) that you had to climb over to get a shower. Trying to climb into the bath was made even more difficult by an immovable glass screen that took up half the length of the bath. At least there was a grab rail to assist, but I wouldn't stay here if you had any mobility problems. There was no shaving mirror as the other Radisson hotels had.

On the plus side there was a trouser press and in the bathroom a heated towel rail that was good for hanging laundry. The tiled bathroom floor was heated which was a nice touch. There was a security safe, but the sign on top of it seemed to indicate that the hotel would charge your credit card if you used the safe. I rang down to reception about this and the receptionist said "Yes, it is confusing." If their own staff think this, why isn't the system or the sign changed? It was explained that I had to swipe a credit card across the top of the safe to open or close it. This would be done without charge. Why not stick to the usual code of 4 numbers? Keep it simple.

There was a very nice coffee shop that seemed to be open until very late on the ground floor which sold salads, snacks and great cakes. Upstairs was the excellent breakfast buffet in the morning and it turned into a fine dining restaurant in the evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has more than 38cm of space between the end of the bed and the wall, and a walk...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelbugVietnam
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us in Tallinn and taking the time to post a reply in Tripadvisor. I am very sorry you did not entirely enjoy your stay in the Radisson Blu Olümpia. I will review each of your comments with my team and make improvements to our operation. We are striving for the maximum guest satisfaction and to live up to exceed all our guests expecations.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here when I was unable to get a room at the Swissotel due to a big NATO meeting. The hotel itself is ok, and seemed fairly modern in the lobby. The staff were efficient. The rooms themselves were clean, though tiny. When I stretched out, I could touch the walls on both sides. I also almost knocked the little TV (which was one of those little old tube ones from the early 90s) over when turning around. There was a separate ironing room shared with the rest of the floor, which was probably fortunate as I am not sure where I would have done it within the room. The view was ok from the room.

Breakfast was ok. The food was pretty good, though the décor had seen better days.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am sorry you did not like the room you stayed in. Our standard rooms are indeed relatively small. However we are trying to prize them at a competitive level taking the current market situation into account. The Radisson Blu Olümpia has 4 different kinds of room types ranging from standard rooms to the suites. Each upgrade comes at a relatively reasonable prize and our Business Class rooms are among the biggest in Tallinn. I would be very pleased if you tried us again and maybe this time at a room/prize level comparable to the Swissotels which you mentioned in your kind review. Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

All though we first got the wrong room key, it was a very pleasant and complex free stay. 10-15 minutes slow walk to beautiful old town and shopping centre.

The room was clean and well kept, but the shower/toilet had one of those glass-see-through walls - not the best for privacy if that's important.

Room Tip: Maybe a view over old town would be nicer than the park/other area, but a tip is to get a room high...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am very glad you enjoyed it and will be sharing your comments with my team. We all hope you will visit us soon again.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was here with my wife and my little girl on a business trip. So while I also tested the conference facilities, they tested the rest of the hotel and the personnel. The Hotel Olumpia sits on the outskirts of the old town Tallinn, about 3 km from the airport (a taxi ride, official, costs between 5.20 and 8 euros: tested). A walk to the walled city takes about 15 minutes. The hotel has been partially renovated in more recent times, so the rooms are slightly different. The gym, swimming pool and sauna faciliites are very nice (beautiful view of the city while swimming) but with some glitch on the cleanliness side. The personnel of the hotel is absolutely outstanding, very friendly, efficient and, to us, able to solve any request. Definetely a plus when you are away from home for more than a couple of nights. The buffet breakfast is somptuous and varied. Only glitch every day the same things. If the room rate is within your budget (we paid 129 per night for a suite for 3 including breakfast) it is definetely an excellent choice. We would stay there again if we were to return to Talinn.

Room Tip: High rooms, city side, offer superb sunsets.
    • 5 of 5 stars
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and for posting them on Tripadvisor. We are all very pleaseed you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia in Tallinn. We do our best as a team to make your next stay here just as pleasant.

Swindon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in May. Good location, just 8 minutes by taxi from the airport (8 euros) or a 10 minute bus ride (no 2 get off 4th stop, after the bus station stop). I booked a standard room on Expedia, but on check in I was advised to upgrade to a superior for 15 euro extra. Glad I did because I ended up on 22nd floor with great views over the city and out to the gulf of Finland. The room was comfortable and well furnished. The TV channels are limited and a big gripe is the limited supply of tea and coffee, and no decaf options. I always bring a kettle and my own supply.

The hotel has free wifi, but the signal is weak in the evening when demand is heaviest. The room has a network port, so bring a cable (it works). The gym is small, but well equipped with two of each cardio machine and some weights. It is not very well ventilated, so better to run outside if the weather is nice. A loop of the old towns walls and the ferry terminal from the hotel is about 6 km and is a nice run. If you book a standard room you can only use the gym and pool during the morning (this is only explained when you arrive - bit of a con?). Standard room do not have any tea or coffee facilities, while the superior room has a tasimo type machine.

The breakfast is great, and the service is good. On the ground floor there is a nice cafe that does salads and soups and pastries all day. The conference facilities are also great.

To sum up, and excellent hotel. I dropped a star due to the poor evening wifi and the lack of decaf options. The gym access for standard rooms should be explained in advance.

Room Tip: As heigh up as possible
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and posting a comment on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you did like your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia Tallinn and will share your comments with my team. We all hope to welcome you soon back to our hotel.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

On the positive side it has lots of facilities including a pool and a great café while it is walking distance to old town and the main shops. But my superior room was uninspiring with small wardrobes, small desk and a small bathroom. The bed was soft and not particularly comfortable while although the breakfast had a good selection, it was hard to find a table that had been cleared and cleaned.

• 3 of 5 stars
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am sorry you experienced some shortcomings. I have already reviewed the availability of tables in the breakfast room with my team and sorted out the problem thanks to your feedback. We all hope you will visit us soon again.