“Functional tiny rooms”

Ranked #15 of 85 Hotels in Tallinn
London, United Kingdom
“Functional tiny rooms”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here when I was unable to get a room at the Swissotel due to a big NATO meeting. The hotel itself is ok, and seemed fairly modern in the lobby. The staff were efficient. The rooms themselves were clean, though tiny. When I stretched out, I could touch the walls on both sides. I also almost knocked the little TV (which was one of those little old tube ones from the early 90s) over when turning around. There was a separate ironing room shared with the rest of the floor, which was probably fortunate as I am not sure where I would have done it within the room. The view was ok from the room.

Breakfast was ok. The food was pretty good, though the décor had seen better days.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am sorry you did not like the room you stayed in. Our standard rooms are indeed relatively small. However we are trying to prize them at a competitive level taking the current market situation into account. The Radisson Blu Olümpia has 4 different kinds of room types ranging from standard rooms to the suites. Each upgrade comes at a relatively reasonable prize and our Business Class rooms are among the biggest in Tallinn. I would be very pleased if you tried us again and maybe this time at a room/prize level comparable to the Swissotels which you mentioned in your kind review. Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Meinrad Schibler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 28, 2013

All though we first got the wrong room key, it was a very pleasant and complex free stay. 10-15 minutes slow walk to beautiful old town and shopping centre.

The room was clean and well kept, but the shower/toilet had one of those glass-see-through walls - not the best for privacy if that's important.

Room Tip: Maybe a view over old town would be nicer than the park/other area, but a tip is to get a room high...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am very glad you enjoyed it and will be sharing your comments with my team. We all hope you will visit us soon again.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was here with my wife and my little girl on a business trip. So while I also tested the conference facilities, they tested the rest of the hotel and the personnel. The Hotel Olumpia sits on the outskirts of the old town Tallinn, about 3 km from the airport (a taxi ride, official, costs between 5.20 and 8 euros: tested). A walk to the walled city takes about 15 minutes. The hotel has been partially renovated in more recent times, so the rooms are slightly different. The gym, swimming pool and sauna faciliites are very nice (beautiful view of the city while swimming) but with some glitch on the cleanliness side. The personnel of the hotel is absolutely outstanding, very friendly, efficient and, to us, able to solve any request. Definetely a plus when you are away from home for more than a couple of nights. The buffet breakfast is somptuous and varied. Only glitch every day the same things. If the room rate is within your budget (we paid 129 per night for a suite for 3 including breakfast) it is definetely an excellent choice. We would stay there again if we were to return to Talinn.

Room Tip: High rooms, city side, offer superb sunsets.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and for posting them on Tripadvisor. We are all very pleaseed you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia in Tallinn. We do our best as a team to make your next stay here just as pleasant.

Swindon
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in May. Good location, just 8 minutes by taxi from the airport (8 euros) or a 10 minute bus ride (no 2 get off 4th stop, after the bus station stop). I booked a standard room on Expedia, but on check in I was advised to upgrade to a superior for 15 euro extra. Glad I did because I ended up on 22nd floor with great views over the city and out to the gulf of Finland. The room was comfortable and well furnished. The TV channels are limited and a big gripe is the limited supply of tea and coffee, and no decaf options. I always bring a kettle and my own supply.

The hotel has free wifi, but the signal is weak in the evening when demand is heaviest. The room has a network port, so bring a cable (it works). The gym is small, but well equipped with two of each cardio machine and some weights. It is not very well ventilated, so better to run outside if the weather is nice. A loop of the old towns walls and the ferry terminal from the hotel is about 6 km and is a nice run. If you book a standard room you can only use the gym and pool during the morning (this is only explained when you arrive - bit of a con?). Standard room do not have any tea or coffee facilities, while the superior room has a tasimo type machine.

The breakfast is great, and the service is good. On the ground floor there is a nice cafe that does salads and soups and pastries all day. The conference facilities are also great.

To sum up, and excellent hotel. I dropped a star due to the poor evening wifi and the lack of decaf options. The gym access for standard rooms should be explained in advance.

Room Tip: As heigh up as possible
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and posting a comment on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you did like your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia Tallinn and will share your comments with my team. We all hope to welcome you soon back to our hotel.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013

On the positive side it has lots of facilities including a pool and a great café while it is walking distance to old town and the main shops. But my superior room was uninspiring with small wardrobes, small desk and a small bathroom. The bed was soft and not particularly comfortable while although the breakfast had a good selection, it was hard to find a table that had been cleared and cleaned.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for chosing the Radisson Blu Olümpia for your stay in Tallinn. I am sorry you experienced some shortcomings. I have already reviewed the availability of tables in the breakfast room with my team and sorted out the problem thanks to your feedback. We all hope you will visit us soon again.

Hong Kong
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a typical RadIsson hotel; efficient, clean and comfortable. They're 3 types of rooms here: standard, which are on the 14th floor or below and in need of renovation, deluxe which are the same size (European claustrophobic) on the 15th floor and above and are recently renovated, and "business class" which are almost twice the size of the others, have the best view over the old town, and include breakfast served in room (well worth the 30 Euro/night it cost me at check-in to upgrade to from standard). A sign on the air-con control indicated that the system was turned off for winter, but daytime temperatures in the low 20's and a west facing room made for a warm, stuffy room, necessitating opening the window to let in some cool air (and noise). The air-con was turned on for the last night of our stay. Curtains are not the usual "blackout" type, so quite a bit of light comes in through them in the morning, may be more of a problem with an east facing room. The minibar fridges in the newer rooms are the annoying Japanese type, with small compartments/sensors for each item which immediately charge your account when they're removed. This leaves almost no room for your own stuff (I usually like some ice coffee, cheese and yoghurt in my fridge).
Parking is available around the hotel for about 20euro/24hr, but was quite often full.
Staff are excellent, as is the included breakfast spread which runs till 10:30 in the restaurant.
Probably stay here next time I'm in Tallinn.

• Stayed May 2013
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you did like your stay at the Radisson Blu Olümpia. Together with my team I will review your remarks and see what we can do to even better live up to your expectations. We all hope to welcome you here soon again.

Kirkkonummi, Finland
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have stayed more than 30 nights on this hotel during past 6 months and also the staff is friendly and ready to service. Rooms are nice, clean and quiet.The breakfast is super! Bed is really good. Nothing to complain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments on Tripadvisor. Me and my team are very glad that you liked your stay and hope to welcome you back very soon.