The entrance to the hotel was a narrow passage into a staircase and a small elevator. I took the elevator up to the second floor and the reception area. The area was quite busy when I arrived and there was only one woman behind the reception desk. I started by saying that I would cancel my 2nd night and that didn’t seem to go positive in her mind even though she charged me full for the night.
She was more than busy with her friend staying next to me at the counter but she finally took time to give me a key to my room that was located on the same floor as the reception. It was a funny way to reach the room, I was passing so many corners in getting there that I thought that I was walking in circles.
I finally reached my room and found it quite dull with its dark colors and view towards the backyard. The room had a double bed but the quality was not the best. The walls were cover with green-grey broad striped wallpaper that gave the room a gloomier look than classy that they probably had hoped for. The carpet was dark grey and looked quite dirty, but I am sure that it was a clean as it could get but time and loads of spilled drinks and dirty shoes had made its effort to destroy it. The bathroom was okay size but it was quite boring but functional enough.
I didn’t stay long before I left the hotel to find a parking space for my car and the hotel recommended that I parked at the public parking under the square that was located only 300 meters away.
I came back around 1 am and I hardly could enter the street because there was a street party going on from one of the neighboring bars. There were 10-15 people standing in the narrow doorway to the hotel but they all stepped apart when I was going for the entrance. I guess that some could feel intimidated by the shire fact that there were loads of drunken people in front of your hotel entrance but the youngsters behaved quite nicely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant Hotel Old Town Maestro's is housed in a 15th-century building right in the heart of Tallinn's Old Town. It offers spacious rooms with free Wi-Fi and a seating area. All rooms at the Hotel Old Town Maestro`s are classically furnished and decorated with warm colors. Each comes with satellite TV, a minibar and a safe. All have a bathroom with a hairdryer.A varied buffet breakfast is served every day in the dining room. .Front desk staff is available 24 hours a day and can assist with luggage storage and car rental service. Hotel Old Town Maestro's is situated 200 meters from Raekoja Plats and the City Hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Old Town Maestro's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Town Maestro`s Hotel Tallinn
- Old Town Maestros Tallinn