“Spectacular location, competent hotel”

My City Hotel Tallinn
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We booked the trip in very short notice and Tallinn typical B&B as I like was pretty sold out.
We ended up booking this hotel and I was very happy with the choice.
Location is spectacular, very near of most attractions and from the best restaurants street (Rataskaevu).

Room 411 had good space, the bed was really confortable and bathroom had good shower and towels. Room faced the square and we had no problems with noise, however we stayed on Sunday and Monday which are not the busiest nights. Sleeping quality was not excellent because the room was hot, they have no sheets (only a hot blanket) and A/C is very noisy.

The hotel was very clean, the staff speaks good English and the breakfast had many choices of typical European style.

Price should be lower.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for My City Hotel Tallinn

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very nice hotel, excellent service, good location, quiet room (we had a room facing the inner courtyard). The only downside was that our room was quite small and even though I had only a very small suitcase with me it was difficult to find room for it. Breakfast was tasty with a large variety of different cold and warm dishes. I would recommend this hotel for sure!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the courtyard and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We really liked this hotel. It is clean, in a good location in the old town, the staff were very helpful and the breakfast had a good selection. The only negative for us was the night club over the road which generated excessive noise till 7 am and with the odd brawl going on. While this is not the hotel's fault it did detract from our enjoyment. That said I would happily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you could get a room that did not face the square with the night club you would get a better slee...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in April while on a business trip. Hotel is located in the old town and is a great location. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. I had a room a couple of floors up at the front and I was not bothered by any street noise even though it was warm and I had the window open. The AC unit was a bit noisey so turned it off. I had a meal in the hotel an fit was quite tasty. Considering I paid about €110 per night I thought the hotel was great value for money. Would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in this wonderful city.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We booked this hotel despite other comments on the noise level from the casino and club across the street. We specifically requested a room towards the back "garden" side but when we checked in they did not have one. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and let us see several rooms that were available so we could choose the one we wanted. We were told that if the room was too loud we could switch the next day when they had vacant rooms in the back. After deciding for the 4th floor we left for a day a sight seeing. That evening the square below us turned into an all night hang out scene with loud music, loud cars, drunk people and it sounded like we were in the cross fire! Trying to leave the window open for air was out of the question as even then the noise was too loud for sleep.
The next morning we were exhausted and decided to check-out for a quieter hotel. Again the staff was very friendly and apologetic and offered us the new room but we had already booked a new place during our sleepless night! The hotel manager gave us a discount on the first night as a goodwill which was very nice and surprising.
The hotel is very central and quite charming. The rooms we saw were all clean and spacious and if you have a room towards the back or do not need to open your window then it is recommendable.

Room Tip: The air conditioning units are quite loud which is why an open window would be best as long as you d...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel is nearly perfect, big and comfortable rooms, good breakfast, very pleasant reception, quiet environment. This hotel is really at walking distance of all the attractions of the old town. Only one drop of bitterness for the individual travelers coming by car: parking the car in the inner yard costs 20€ per day, which is expensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Hotel is situated quite at the entrance of the old town on a nice square with a fountain. Athough a cinema and club is opposite I never relialized any noise.
The hotel is very stylish, with a lot of art in the public areas and rooms. The rooms itselfs are big, nicely equipped with high style furniture, nice curtains. The Bathroom is big and has nice amemities. You can really feel well and at home here.
Very strong reliable WiFI in the room and nice Flat Screen T.V.
Breakfast is fine, a good variety of warm and cold items.
Efficient and professional staff....
would highly recommend the place!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo