WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of My City Hotel Tallinn

My City Hotel Tallinn
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
IS
“Only for rough people...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Superior rooms are small, the hotel bar is closed too early, the breakfast is awful and the quality of the clients of this hotel is poor. I would give 3 stars rather than 4. Price is too big for what they offer.

Room Tip: I dont know.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank royal39
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear madam,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to give rating to our hotel. I am very unhappy to see that your visit was such a disappointment. To be honest, I don't understand what has gone wrong.

Our hotel bar closes at 10 p.m., which is quite regular for most of hotel bars in Tallinn. Night clubs are available within short walking distance from hotel. We have been also considering longer opening hours, but so far there has been no need or requests about that and most of our hotel guests have drink in the bar just before going out for dinner. But I surely understand that people have different expectations and I am sincerely sorry we didn't met yours.

I am sorry about disappointing breakfast as well. It would have been helpful to have more details - was the issue in service or food quality during your visit?

With all our team we are very focused on our guests and put our heart and soul to make the stay here as comfortable and nice as possible. Unfortunately I don't understand from your review what exactly went wrong during your visit. If you are willing to help us to improve, we would really appreciate your suggestions - I will be waiting for your e-mail to address killu@mycityhotel.ee.

Once again, please accept my personal apologizes as well as from all our team that we didn’t manage to meet you expectations at all.

Killu Maidla
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great hotel, stayed there already twice this year, with a further 2 more stays bookes.
Friendly staff and very clean hotel.
Great Location, as you are in Old Town so you just walk out of the hotel around the courner and everything is there.
Only downside I have experienced is some times you can hear people walking through the hallway/stairwell.
But this won't turn me off this hotel.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris M
Surrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights from 29/10 - 31/10 and found the hotel to be very comfortable and well situated. Staff are great and helpful, and the breakfast was enough for me, I think they had something for everyone's taste, I liked having smoked salmon every morning :) We stayed in room 402 which is on the corner with three windows, lovely room at a great price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tams71
Letterkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed in this hotel 27/10/12 to 30/10 /12. Found it excellent value, very good service, close to old town etc. Was particularly impressed with service of night concierge on desk who went out of his way to help us. Really impressed and would highly recommend this hotel to all visitors to Tallinn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Loved the location within 5 minute walk of old town centre. Very clean and quiet rooms with all amenities. Huge variety of food on offer at buffet breakfast. It can get busy at breakfast but food is frequently replenished and staff is attentive. Friendly English-speaking staff at reception were very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Breakfasts are very crowded as hotel attracts tour groups and breakfast room is small.
Receptionists are asked to get FIT's to upgrade and we were given the samllest room in the hotel when we refused.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel. Tends to be a little quieter. If u sleep with open windows...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you for giving us the feedback about your stay in Tripadvisor.com. I am really sorry to read that we were not able to meet your expectations and you have been so disappointed in our hotel.

It is our very sincere wish to make every guests stay here as memorable and pleasant as possible and we really tried with you as well. I guess it just was not enough.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologizes.

Killu Maidla
Hotel Manager
Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Excellent hotel for a short sightseeing holiday. Plenty of choice for breakfast and as we had to leave before breakfast on our last morning a packed breakfast was arranged for each of us.
One of the receptionists spoke fluent, accent free English and was extremely helpful.
Incidentally the Information Offices nearby and elsewhere are very helpful indeed with excellent fluent English spoken.
Free very fast internet access in rooms.

Room Tip: Kitchenette available with 2 adjacent rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends