“Fantastic hotel in a perfect location!”

St. Petersbourg Hotel
Ranked #6 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel in a perfect location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

We spent 4 nights at St Petersbourg Hotel last month and loved it!

Firstly the location is brilliant, just a 2 minute walk from the central square and about 5 minutes up to Toompea for those fabulous views across Tallinn.

Our superior room was huge and the bathroom spotless although perhaps could do with a slight bit of updating. The usual satellite TV channels, only one or two in English though but not a problem if you are out and about. Free Wi-fi, as you will find in many bars etc across Tallinn which was great for us.

We didn't eat in either of the hotels restaurants but we did take breakfast which was of a wide buffet variety plus an option of cooked eggs, blinis etc if you wanted. The breakfast room was beautiful in old Russian style and the staff were dressed in traditional dress which I loved! All the staff were courteous, pleasant and very, very helpful.

If you get a chance make sure you use the hotel sauna which is a converted area in the roof. It was free every day up until 11 and you book for your sole use, is very well equipped with loungers, showers, changing areas, TV, minibar and some fab views over the city. A very nice touch!!

Our whole package with this hotel for four nights was £288, this included two transfers to/from the hotel and an extra 20 Euro for keeping our room until 6pm as we had an evening flight - excellent value for money and probably one of the best deals we've ever had in all the hotels we've stayed at worldwide. Highly recommended!

One tip for you, if you cannot get to a bank for the best exchange rate, go to one of the exchange bureaux and haggle for a good rate! We did this twice!

Enjoy Tallin and St Petersbourg, it's a wonderful place!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

Had a pleasant stay at this hotel in Tallinn's historic Old Town. Only one slight bummer: ordered a complimentary sauna but my request was forgotten and went up to find the sauna cold and locked the next morning. Oh well. Otherwise very comfortable and clean. Nice to have blinis for breakfast too in addition to the buffet.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Lorenskog Municipality, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for two nights and it was a very nice hotel. We had a deluxe romm , which was very big and with a big, comfortable bed, and the hotel is situated in the heart of the old town. The staff was friendly and helpful and we enjoied our stay very much.

Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

I visited this hotel on 6th feb 2011 with my wife for a few days break. I done a lot of research on a few hotels in the Tallin area and this one came out top and when I arrived I was'nt dissappointed it was really good set in the heart of the old town just two minutes walk from the old square and pretty much everything! We had arranged a private transfer from the airport to the hotel and back again it was brilliant the driver was very professional and the Car a stunning Mercedes S500 pure luxury for 13 euro each way considering the taxis can charge in around ten euro one way and most of them try to rip you off so we were delighted with our choice

We had booked a deluxe room 280 euro for 3 nights b and b which was worth that little extra nice spacious room with high ceilings. The rooms were very clean and tidy with traditional furnishings the only downside and it has been noted by previous guests the Pillows are TERRIBLE once you put your head on them they go completely flat I even got a second one and when it was on top of the first my head still went flat so I ended up folding up a blanket!!

The sauna in the hotel is very handy just ensure you make your reservation and you'll have the place to yourself its free between 7-11 am after that I think its 13 euro.

The two lads at reception Tonis and I forget the other guys name I think it was Jarnis or something like that they were very helpful they arranged tours for us especially the snow mobiling which was awesome a little expensive at 110 euro each but its quite a distance from tallinn about 1 hours drive so you have to appreciate the amount of fuel anyway I would definetly recommend it!

Breakfast in the hotel was good especially the pancakes made to order we did'nt eat in any of the restaurants in the hotel we did try elevant the indian down in the old town which was delicious would definetly recommend!

If in Tallinn again I would stay here very happy with the service and attention we received :)

Ageo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

I arrived at this hotel later than 11pm after paying unreasonablly high price to taxi driver.
The staff quickly identified me, giving me enough information. The room was clean and spacious, although not new but nicely fit into the old town atmosphere, and I could connect internet free of charge. It is located in the very strategically heart of the old town and I could reach to city hall and Toompea within a few minutes of walk. The only one disappointment was that it was too cold and slippy outside this season and most of the churches were closed.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

The staff were very helpful from the moment we walked in the door, the room was spacious and modern with very comfortable beds. Breakfast was good, complete with Misha, the hotel parrot for company. It was very cold outside but the private sauna on the top floor was good therapy, which was free to use in the mornings and only €13 per hour afterwards. The hotel restaurant (1 of 2) was very good with traditional Estonian food on offer. It was 1 minute from the main square in the old town with lots of restaurants and bars nearby.

Apeldoorn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

The last few years I have been doing quite a bit of traveling and this hotel was nice. The hotel is located just behind Tallinn's main square and is located in a historic building. We were upgraded to a Suite and it came with a large bathroom, bedroom en small livingroom. The furniture matches the atmosphere of the hotel very well. The room was well kept and clean. The hotel offers free internet via cable and wifi (and it's really fast, uploaded 20gb of pictures overnight to a backupserver).
The hotel's breakfast is a nice and cozy breakfastroom with quick and efficient service. You can order hot dishes and there is a large buffet with cold dishes. Dishes are "dressed up" nicely. From the breakfastroom you can see the narrow streets of Tallinn.

There is only one small negative I can think of.. the first night the bed was prepared for us and they put small linnen towels next to bed (so when you get out of bed you won't step on the carpet). I thought it was a nice touch. The 2nd night the bed was made, but no more towels.

All together, I hope to stay at this hotel again one day. I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple