“Oasis of cosy luxury” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Oasis of cosy luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

From our wonderful warm welcome to our gentle farewell Hotel Schlossle made our short stay in Tallinn utterly perfect. The 13th century warmth of the building combined with the stellar staff and service make it a haven from which to expolre Tallinn. The best breakfasts we have had anywhere made complete with crackling fire. Our room and en-suite were beautifully appointed and returning to the hotel after a cold day out was like returning home. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Our room was across the couryard - lovely and quiet and quant
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
annatln, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Schlossle, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are more than happy to hear that the beautiful and cosy atmosphere of Schlössle Hotel made you feel at home.
Thank you for pointing out the small details such as the fireplace in our restaurant and the comfort of your room. All these together with the attentive service make Schlössle such a charming place to stay.
We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in Schlössle hotel one day.
Best regards,
Anna Gvozdeva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Finnish first
Vantaa, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We love loved to stay in Hotel Schlössle. Great service, amaizing food. The hotel was so nice and beautiful, so we spend most of our holiday in the hotel. Bathtub, bottle of sprike wine, fruit plate, sweets and 24h roomservices. Does couple need more?

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Blaubarde, Manager at Hotel Schlossle, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

It sure sounds you truly enjoyed your romantic gateway. We thank you very much for such kind endorsement to many future travelers searching for perfect gateway. It has been our pleasure to have you stay with us and we are very much looking forward to your return visit any time.

Frederiksberg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in november 2011 in the Schlossle Suite.
Extremly good service and a fantastic room with big bedroom and lounge.

Food and service in the restaurent is superp.

Can highly recommend this hotel. Everything was good

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

What a great comment! We couldn’t agree more with you in regards to comment about our beautiful Schlossle Suite. It is definitely one of a kind! Looking forward to welcome you back soon!

belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

From the moment we arrived and reception noticed from my wife's passport that it was her birthday, we were treated like royalty. We were upgraded to the main suite which took our breath away and offered a glass of bubbly. The rooms facilities meant we were reluctant to leave and explore the city. A weekend we will remember for ever.

Room Tip: Go when it's your birthday
Dear Guest,

Congratulations to your wife on her birthday once again! We were so glad to have been part of this once in a year special occasion to both of you. Thank you very much for taking time to tell how great everything has been during your stay! We are looking forward to see you hopefully next year to welcome you back for another great weekend that you won’t forget.

Frederiksberg, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I followed the GPS into the old town where the hotel was located only 150 meters from the amazing and vibrant town square. First my GPS wanted that I should cross the square, which absolutely was not an option unless you wanted to end up in jail the first night, so after a brief fight with the lady in the GPS I found an alternative route to the hotel via the harbor area.

After finally arriving at the remarkable hotel I parked the car just outside it and hoped that I could leave it there. It quickly turned out to not be an option after talking to their bellboy. The hotel offered a valet parking where they would park it for me for 20 Euro per day somewhere near the hotel, which I found fair.

The hotel entrance looked like an archery contest in a Robin Hood movie; there were loads of flags hanging at the entrance and the young bellboy was again standing tall at the door, like he had been in the army for years. As soon as I entered the cozy and very boutique like hall that hosted the reception, another young man flew up from his chair and greeted me, as I was some kind of royalty. I really had to concentrate in order not to laugh, as he was extremely formal, polite and yet quite service minded; I could not remember where I had seen something like this the last time, not even in a movie.

The bellboy was almost stealing my suitcases out of my hands while I was listening to the speech from the eager receptionist. He ran up to my room on second floor with my luggage while, I was getting literally entertained by the receptionist telling me about all the features and nuances of the entire hotel. It was spending from breakfast, shoe polish, massage, spa, dinner and restaurant and so on. After some 10 minutes I knew everything about the hotel; well at least I had heard it.

The bellboy came down again and escorted me to my room, passing the great looking restaurant and up the stone stairs. My room was not the largest in the world but it was nice to say the least. The bellboy was about to start all over and I cut him off . Anyway he managed to tell me that if I wanted a shoeshine I should just leave the shoes in basket outside the door in the evening and they would be standing shiny and ready the following morning, which I found was a great service.

After the bellboy finally left my room I had time to look what I had been given to stay in for the coming two days. There were small giftwrapped chocolates shattered all over the place, which was nice if you like me love chocolate. On the small standing in front of the window was a plate with fresh fruit elegantly cut in different shapes, which was quite decorative and the fruit was both nice and delicate. On the desk there was also chilled water I could use free of charge.

The room had nice closet space and everything that a 5 star hotel has to have. I could not help laughing at the shoe tray standing next to the door. The bed was king-size and really nice. The bathroom was a bit old fashion and with a bathtub but it was very classy and chic. There was a nice selection of soaps and body treatments lined up; and the bathroom was kept in nice calming colors with matching embroidered towels that were amongst the softest and nicest I ever had.

Even from this short experience I was really impressed with the hotel and it would only be more the coming days that I was staying there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Blaubarde, Manager at Hotel Schlossle, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

It’s hard to describe in words how much every team member has appreciated your feedback. It was real joy to read some of the situations encountered with great smile. It couldn’t make our days any better knowing how much you appreciated every detail and every attention to service. We certainly strive to satisfy every guest’s expectations and we are very glad we made your stay so amazing. Thank you once again for taking the time to shear with us your thoughts and comments and we can’t wait to welcome you back sooner then later. Many greetings from Schlossle Hotel and have a wonderful beginning of this beautiful autumn!

new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Absolutely loved our stay at the Schloessle hotel! GREAT service, very pleasant and tasteful accommodations and an over the top breakfast buffet! Location - location - location ! Location - location - location!

Room Tip: If you like history, ask for a room that overlooks over the cobblestone street, can't beat that...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank NewYorkFancygirl
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such kind comment. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to see you soon.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

What a treat! This is a charming hotel that combines the pleasure of a historic building with all the current comforts including television and high speed internet. The service is superior with attention to every detail! The staff are extremely accommodating and make you feel like you are royalty yourself. The breakfast room is awesome with a wonderful assortment of good food to start the day. If I ever travel back to Tallinn, Estonia this will be the place I go back to.

Room Tip: We were fortunate to be given the Schlossle Suite - best room in the house!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Diane L
Blaubarde, Manager at Hotel Schlossle, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

You will always be treated like royalty at our hotels. It is our pleasure to serve you the way you deserve to be treated. Thank you for choosing Hotel Schlossle as your home away from home and it will be great honor to welcome you back any time.