“Spot on”

Ranked #268 of 955 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tasty pasta dishes and a wide choice of pies and cakes by Fahle bakers and confectionaries available. Freshly pressed juice or a cup of coffee.
Tallinn, Estonia
“Spot on”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Fahle has endeavored to position themselves into both a place for business clients to meet for a quick lunch in a casual atmosphere as well as a place that you can go for fine dining. Most places attempting to satisfy two different client bases fail miserably. Not so with Fahle. Fahle has been able to strike that happy medium.

Lunches can be taken in the "quick" cafe atmosphere where even casual sport clothes are not inappropriate, or you can adjourn to the restaurant proper for more "atmosphere."

On our very first visit to the restaurant we had very poor service from the waiter. He wasn't rude just inattentive. I mentioned it to the hostess and later when we came back (yes, the food was THAT good - enough to compensate for the service!) we ended up with the same waiter and he was excellent. This leads me to believe that their training is quite effective. Subsequent visits have always been met with outstanding service.

The food is exquisite (French cuisine) almost, but not quite as good as Ö but not quite as expensive either! The duck was succulent and melted in your mouth. I have eaten it 3 times I think, and once it was a tad bit overly sweet, but all in all - WOW! The caviar is outstanding!! The salmon delicious. The beef was beautiful. Whew, I am getting hungry just thinking about the food there!

Each dish not only tastes great but is presented artfully.

The Tiramisu used to be served on a chilled slate tile with dark chocolate and raspberry drizzle - woohoo! Unfortunately, it is no longer served on a tile, but it is still good. For dessert, my wife prefers the chocolate cake filled with heaven (I cannot remember the name of it, but ask the waiter/waitress!)

A nice dinner at the restaurant is going to be 25-30 euros, but the cafe is very reasonable for lunch. Keep in mind that this is a restaurant with a real chef!

I believe that Fahle is one of the best restaurants in Tallinn. Don't let this "sleeper" get under the radar!!

• Visited January 2012
4 Thank sibermike

Tallinn, Estonia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I love their food and service is very nice. Reason why I come to Fahle restaurant, because it is great to have business lunch. People who love to eat and talk. Then its right place to Be :)

• Visited October 2011