“More locals than tourists”

Saiakangi Kohvik Cafe Wecken Gang
Ranked #66 of 944 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: European
Description: Coffee and a cake - these are the essential elements that we believe to associate strongest with running a cafè. We keep those components continuously in honor - our baristas make coffees while our guests can see the process and as a part of true minority we still bake our own cakes.
Maple Valley, Washington
“More locals than tourists”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I ate dinner at this cozy coffee/pastry place twice. Their cream of broccoli soup was out of this world and their salads a real treat. Needless to say, I splurged on their yummy looking deserts. I was intrigued by watching moms with little daughters coming for desert.

Visited September 2012

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Wisconsin, USA
“Amazing Bakery”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We found this cafe while wandering around for the day off a cruise ship. We are still talking about the cakes we enjoyed there. The place is just off the main square and it is small, extremely clean, employs cheerful workers, and has an amazing selection of sweets to tempt you. Look at the pictures! If I am ever in Tallinn again, I'm heading to this cafe for some of their delicious cakes and hot chocolate.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank travellady83
ireland
“superb”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

the best pancakes in Tallin! This coffee shop provides a delicious selection of food and good quality coffee. It is in a great location just off the square so dont miss it , you wont be disappointed.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank seomra
Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada
“Great place to spend the afternoon with good coffee”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

In my travels throughout Europe, I've drunk a lot of poor cappuccino, but not in Tallinn. Of the handful of good cafes I've visited, Saiakangi Wecken Gang cafe has felt the most comfortable.

My wife and I have spent almost every afternoon sipping cappuccino and either working or hanging out online. As creatures of habit, the staff at this cafe got to know us pretty quickly. I didn't really have to order the last week. They treated us well, had a friendly disposition, and kept delivering good cappuccino after good cappuccino.

Sarah had their broccoli soup once, and enjoyed it. I never ate their food; I only cared about the cappuccino.

I will happily spend every afternoon I can at this cafe while in Tallinn, whenever I come back.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank jbrainsberger
“Warm and a good break”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

It has really nice food, and the coffee is really good. Great as well as it has free wifi which is handy

1 Thank Sgeona