“the best the best the best”
Review of Porgu

Porgu
Ranked #13 of 982 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Believe it or not, but it’s good to be in „Pórgu“. An unbelievably large selection of draught beers and their bottled cousins, unearthly delicious à la carte dishes and an almost holy atmosphere. All this makes „Pórgu“ seem like a paradise on earth, where you can feel free and let yourself be carried away by tasting pleasure. *pórgu in english - hell
Reviewed August 15, 2013

we are from the United states. let me just say best beers and cider I have had. For lunch order salmon it is so good. there was 9 of us. so even if you bring big crowds they will accomadate for you.

1  Thank christina d
There are newer reviews for Porgu

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We recently spent 8hrs in Tallinn on a Baltic Sea cruise and after walking around the old town for awhile, we poked our head into the door and were drawn down into the "dungeon."

What an eclectic and unique place! It was about 1.30pm on a Friday and there was no one in the restaurant, but we still decided to at least give it a try. The waitress was friendly and raved about the food, so we tried four different smaller dishes - all were surprisingly fantastic! We were pleasantly surprised to say the least.

It's not touristy and slightly off the beaten track, so if you want a unique experience and impressive food, give it a try (I'm surprised to read a few bad reviews of the restaurant as our experience couldn't have been different).

Reviewed August 12, 2013

During my two-week visit to Tallinn, we went to Porgu three times. When we dined at Porgu it was around 1pm for lunch and 5pm for dinner; it wasn't super busy at those times. So we had great service and the meal was served to us in a timely manner. Highly recommend the pork chop; very delicious. The atmosphere is dungeon like, but it suits the restaurant. Porgu does mean hell after all.

I was surprised when I came across the two recent reviews that had such a poor experience. Perhaps they were expecting something fancier. During my three visits to Porgu I had a lovely time and would recommend it too anyone!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

A dingy restaurant in the basement. The service was horrible. There was only 1 waitress and 1 bartender for the entire place on a Friday night!
My wife asked for recommendations from the menu and the waitresses response was this is an a-la-carte restaurant served with silver cutlery and everything is good on the menu. The food took an entire hour to arrive and the waitress did apologize that it usually takes only 20 minutes. After the food arrived my meat dish which I had requested well done was pink in the middle. When we mentioned this to the waitress her response was, we tried to cook it well done but did not want to overcook it! Based on the already one hour delay, I ate it as is and left ASAP.

3  Thank travelNYC
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Down dark stairs, almost killing myself I was greeted to what looked like a cave.

Sat down for 10 minutes as no one came to serve the seats. 3 stools at the make shift bar.

Glad to see Urquel on the menu. Reason fr 1 star.

Felt clostifobic in minutes and left.

Beer house is at least a beer looking establishment.

Found the beers in Tallinn not worth much.

Next day was in Rigu, and the beers were fab.

1  Thank Mocurlylulu