“I enjoyed my evening”

Ranked #228 of 981 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Spain in the middle of Tallinn.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was at this place with my boyfriend for the romantic dinner. We found this place accidentally and I am happy that we booked it. It felt like home - cozy atmosphere, superb waitress, who was very helpful all the evening, tasty food. Calamaris a la romana and deserts were exceptional :) I will definitely return to this place during my next trip to Tallinn.

There are newer reviews for Alter Ego

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The restaurant is in a lovely quiet plaza in the town with plenty of outdoor space. Service was prompt but without feeling rushed in any way. Good menu selection and the pork belly was delicious. My friend had tuna which she enjoyed. Portions were generous but may to too small for some hungry men. Wine list was comprehensive and we couldn't believe our Spanish rose Rioja was only 3€ a glass. They dont serve tap water so we had to buy a bottle of water at 4€. Dinner overall for the 2 of us, just main course and shared pudding, and 4 glasses of wine ( we felt relaxed enough to linger) was €56. Really good place that we would go back to

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We love Spain and visit at least twice a year, but this equals the real thing and some! Had the tapas, all delicious, lovely service. We are awaiting our dessert with anticipation...

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Alter Ego is one of these new modern Spanish restaurants in the modern centrum of Tallinn. It was my first time there ant the place is not very easy to find. Anyway it is not far from the harbour and there are lot of parking places near if you are coming by car.
The personal was young, smiling and polite, you are wellcome there. On the menu there were many fish dishes which is not most typical. Large and good selection of Spanish Wines with moderate prices.
I had as a starter gold gaspazho soup which was very tasty and quite spicy, then long in mild oven rosted lamb leg and as a dessert onte of the best I have ever got, a delicious warm tart filled with creme catalana.
We were there on Monday evening so it was not very many people there. At least on week ends you have to book a table in advance.

1  Thank ErikHelsinki
Reviewed July 17, 2013

A must for your Tallinn visit. Good location with only a couple of minutes walk from the old town in the Rotermanni quarters. As a local I visit this place frequently because of their god service and excellent food at descent prices. Good selection of wines and the tapas are my favorite.

1  Thank MrGAP