“Delicious food”

Leib Resto ja Aed
Ranked #11 of 981 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Leib is run by two professional foodies - a chef and a sommelier. Having our own restaurant is a dream come true for both of us. Leib means black bread in Estonian and we have chosen it to be our name for a reason! Good old local black bread - fresh, warm, simple, and honest - it's what we, Estonians, grow up with and what we dream about when away. It's what we are, really. Good bread is always made with soul. We are passionate about sharing goodies from our homeland. We work with local farmers and fishermen to create delicious yet simple dishes. Since most of our ingredients are local, the menu is always seasonal. Less is more- therefore our menu is compact and constantly changing. Hand-made bread, coupled with foods made from natural, local ingredients is a true gastronomic delight. Leib - soulful casual dining!
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited Leib last Saturday and were extremely pleased. Delicious food, nice athmosphere and good wine. I highly recommend the restaurant. Already waiting for our next visit to Tallinn, we will definitely visit this restaurant again!

There are newer reviews for Leib Resto ja Aed

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had a magical meal. My smoked fish soup was just delicious, with little crispy pieces of onion and lovely texture. They had a section of meals which were matched with special beers which my husband chose, equally delicious. Even the bread was delicious, served with butter with tiny chopped herbs. The path to the restaurant looked magical in the snow, with candles on tables. There were blankets in the restaurant presumably for warmer nights when you could sit outside. The waitresses were delightful. You need to book, we could only get a table at 6pm, so it's very popular and deservedly so.

2  Thank 202Tracey
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Leib has really good food and very nice service. You can taste traditional Estonian food. And the best creme brulé in town with black bread.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Interesting menu with quite ordinary food but with excellent ingredients and tastes. Good and affordable wine list, too.
Very polite service, but some waiting. Very busy, so maybe reservation in advance is recommended.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Let me say that I love eating out. Every time I return to my home country - Estonia - I try to visit some places.
I've been to Leib for about 3-4 times at it has not disappointed me. Great service, nice help with wine , very very good food.

Service - it is really friendly and polite. In Estonia, people still dress up for restaurant, and having money to eat out, means being well dressed. As a Londoner I can't really be bothered with this 'rule' and often hang around in 'doubtful' outfits, but the service in this restaurant never allows itself anything as low as a double look and I bloody love it.

Wine - I like talking in flavors rather than names of wines, and I enjoy when a sommelier can understand what I mean...

And the food - everything that I have ordered has come with a really fine presentation and not only that, good flavors as well. Meat has always been cooked to perfection and the other ingredients are local. I like it!

Price for the quality is good, I must say much fairer than I've seen on some other restaurants that are on the list of best restaurants in Estonia.

2  Thank paragon_y