“Best localization!”
Review of The Dancing Eesti

The Dancing Eesti
Ranked #87 of 116 Specialty Lodging in Tallinn
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed in Dancing Eesti for 2 nights, localization is perfect! Hostel is located the heart of old town, in a building which is really old. Staff is really great, french guy was so hilarious :)
But I think one rule should be added for sure: no sex in common rooms! But well, you can't choose your guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here twice while in Tallinn, I had to move between hostels a lot due to availability. Actually the first day I was in Tallinn I wanted to stay here but they were full. At the time it was under construction in many places and I got to here a lot of witty back and forth between the owner and a friend who was helping out (well he seemed to mostly stand around but I digress). The TV had the most channels I've seen and I recall a lot of football/soccer stuff being available. The kitchen was pretty big. It's definitely central whether you're looking to meander Old Town, or go strait to the bars and clubs of Old Town. Friendly, fun, very central. Grab it if you can they fill up frequently.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013

So, I wouldn't call myself an expert but so far I've visited 25+ countries. I've stayed in a lot of places...200+ cities = a lot of Hostels, I've seen it all and experienced both highs and lows. And The Dancing Eesti is defenitely one of my favorites here in Europe, the reason is simple. I'm a backpacker I love to travel, meet new people, experience new things and just be spontaneous.

All of those things mentioned above where provided by The Dancing Eesti, and not just that as you can read in the title it's located in the heart of the city close to restaurants, nightclubs, bars and so on. Oh I almost forgot, did I mention that they have their own bar with basically the best prices on beer and drinks in Tallinn! On occasions you can catch a glimpse of a local band/group or a troubadour playing some nice live music, if you know the lyrics just join in I know I did after a couple of beers.

Pricewise this is amongst the cheapest places you can find in Tallinn, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the location of the Hostel is priceless. The facilities, services included and the people staying there make it worth every penny! regardless if you stay in a dorm or a private room you wont find anything better for those prices. It's really straight forward, there's no BS - you get your moneys worth and that's it! If you're looking for fancy place look elsewhere.

Needless to say I really enjoyed my stay and will for sure return to this hostel and I would Recommend The Dancing Eesti to those who want to experience the city, to those who need a place to chill, to someone who doesn't mind grabbing a cold one with a stranger in the bar or someone that's just travelling the world on a strained budget.

Cheers! and good luck in your travels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AlexGbg
Reviewed May 24, 2013

It might not be the cleanest nor the nicest but it is definitely the best partyhostel in downtown Tallinn! it is close to everything and has all you need for a nice stay and it is absolutely worth the price as it is extremely cheap!! Pretty much the chiepest in town! The staff is really nice and friendly, and even if they are not always at the desk you can always count on their help. I've been at this hostel several times and always get back home with a bunch of unforgetable great memories and stories to tell! and I really mean always!! The bar is a perfect place to start or end a party night or if you get lucky you can listen to live music there as many local and international performers singing and playing during weekends.

It is not a hostel for sensitive picky backpackers!! but mostly for real adventurers who want to experience great times and unforgetable moments no matter what!! So I strongly recommend this hostel to all hardcore adventurers as well as partypackers out there!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brianandre
Reviewed May 23, 2013

First of all, I want to say that this hostel, suits specially for young travelers who are not picky people, the facilities are totally in accordance to the price that you pay. It might no be the 5 stars hotel, but the location makes everything totally worth it, the hostel is right across the street where all the main bars and clubs are located. The hostel has 3 floors so it's quite spacious, and as it seems, they just renewed one of the floors, so toilets and showers are enough for everyone. Kitchen is big as well as the common living room, but still my favorite part is the bottom floor, which is a bar, I was watching the champions league and drinking really affordable booze, before going out, Staff is cool and whenever there is the chance they hang out with you, the city is awesome in general, but this particular hostel made my stay even funnier. Totally recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I wont say this is the worst hostel I've ever been to because there is one in Rio that was even more terrible than this one. But in Europe I'm sure this is by far the worst.

Here's a short list:

- Dirtiness - Everywhere, hallways, stairs, especially in my room. Mattresses were really dirty, with some hairs from past customers, it looks like they didnt even wash anything, they just move people out, dont clean, and move new people in the rooms
Toilet was a mess, there seems to be enough of them for the number of rooms, but they were almost every time I used

- No toilet paper (I had to buy it on the supermarket because since my arrival there was no toilet paper

- Reception desk without any staff - I got really lucky in my arrival as there were two girls there, but for the rest of my stay I only saw staff in the reception desk twice. Most of the times I needed information, needed help to book a taxi to the bus station, etc, there was no one there.

- The building, as other people mentioned, seems to be collapsing, cracks in the walls, dirtiness everywhere, seems like you are inside an abandoned building

Do yourself a favor, if you are going to visit Tallinn's Old Town (which is an AMAZING place to visit), book any other but this hostel. This one is cheap, but completely NOT worth the terrible experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The hostel is ideal for young people who want to discover old Tallinn and go out at night, the location couldn't be better! The staff is friendly and accomodating. The kitchen, common area, laundry service and bar sure allow to spend a good time here.
The main problem is to find the entrance to the hostel (no sign at all). I also had 2 cold showers, presumably due to too much showering before me.

I would recommend this place anyway.

• Stayed: February 2013