“Nice place! Good food!”

Ranked #148 of 982 Restaurants in Tallinn
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Spice restaurant is very close to the town hall in Tallin. When we looked at the menu outside the restaurant, we were a bit confused. Seemed like the restaurant wanted to be Asian, thai, Indian, all at the same time. Any way, myself and my friend decided to give a try. And we are happy that we tried.

Reading through the menu, 'Kerala Dal Curry' caught my attention. Dishes from Kerala (a beautiful state in the south of India) is not some thing that you find in a typical Indian restaurant in Europe. They usually serve food from the north of India. So I suspected that the chef is from Kerala and my suspicion was reinforced when I found 'beef masala' in the menu. Kerala is one of the very few states in India where people love beef! So I went ahead and ordered a beef masala as my dish, which came with some rice along with it. Must say that it tasted very good and authentic.

On being asked, the lady who took our orders confirmed to me that the owner was indeed from Kerala :-) And owner Mr. Sabu was nice to come out and meet us at our table.

Good food, easy access and cozy interiors. That is what Spice restaurant is all about!

1  Thank AnoopPV
There are newer reviews for Spice

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The location near the old town square is excellent but the food was not very impressive or spicy indeed. The service was efficient and fast - the restaurant was almost empty - but not very friendly or welcoming: no smiles, no hello, no thank you, no goodbye; the staff hardly spoke to us. There was an unpleasant, musty smell in the restaurant and the staff was arguing loudly in the kitchen most of the time. We will not go back.

1  Thank Antsu_12
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We just wanted to join some Asian food, and I stopped by this place. They service Asian food and rice. The place is close to the city hall, really nice location and easy to reach.
Nice curry and Indian tea! Enjoyed it!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The restaurant is in a good location just off the Town Hall Square. A group of five of us ate there and we had a mix of Indian and Chinese/Asian food. The quality was very good. I personally had the Chicken Sabawala which was delicious. The total bill for 5 meals and 5 drinks came to €45 which is much cheaper than more tourist-oriented restaurants. The staff were attentive without hovering over us. Would visit again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

With aching feet we found this place near to our hotel after a day's walking and entered with low expectations. The service was good and the food tasty and plentiful. This restaurant it's great value for money... We paid 20 EURO for two cokes, two mains and a side. Recommend chicken sagawala.