“Great location for European food”

Rae Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #63 of 1,015 Restaurants in Tallinn
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

It is located right at the old town square. The atmosphere and decoration is quite modern.

It does not look like other Tallinn's restaurant with waiter/waitress dressed in traditional way.

The menu is with pasta, burger, steak, etc. It seems they did not serve Estonian food. We ordered burger (very good), chicken fillet, duck breast, and salmon. The food quality was wonderful in reasonable price.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Pretty good place, but there are much better places in Tallinn. But this is the best restaurant at "Raekojaplats".

1  Thank Benutron
Reviewed August 13, 2013

What a delightful place for lunch! My husband and I enjoyed a beautiful day sitting outside with a delicious lunch. At the suggestion of the waiter, we started with a local beer. Not being a huge beer enthusiast, I was a bit cautious but the beer was smooth and very tasty. I ordered the cheese soup which was so creamy and wonderful. I would highly recommend it. My husband had a sandwich which was okay -- he kept stealing spoonfuls of my soup. The service was fast and excellent. The restaurant has wifi inside but not outside. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

If you are wanting a great spot on the square in Tallinn, I would recommend stopping here for a beer and some decent Schnitzel! We spent about three hours sitting and watching the square and were never rushed out of our seats as some spots might do. The restaurant is on the side of the square which was not bombarded by sun, which made it a bit more comfortable.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had a great dinner with friends in Rae Resturant,
We ordered 2 beef stakes with mushroom sauce, it was nicely presented and the taste was amazing. Also the waiter Andres was very friendly, helpful and took care of us in every minute.

We will visit this place in future!

1  Thank mikael_j350