All reviews lai street old town first floor stone walls excellent location single room nice hotel town square highly recommend this hotel the main square tea and coffee central location nice stay breakfast was excellent yogurt sink loft
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

The location and the breakfast are ok but the room was very small and the bed was really very poor!
The service was also poor. When I asked for an enveloppe and the another time for a dietcoke she simply said NO! Instead of trying to help me.
Never again!

Date of stay: June 2019
MANAGERHTL, General Manager at Meriton Old Town Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mark,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your comments.
Sorry to hear that you did not like your stay with us. Unfortunately I have to say that you did choose the smallest room category in the hotel which is even called Small Single Room so I am not sure what kind of expectations you had by knowing the name of the room category. I apologize if somebody else booked the room for you or if you did not pay enough attention to what you booked which caused your dissatisfaction.
All the information about our room categories and room types are available on different online channels together with the square meters and real photos of the rooms.

I apologize if the receptionist was not friendly enough to organize you an envelope but regarding diet soft drink I can assure you that the receptionist could not have helped you as we do not have any diet drinks available in the hotel.

Hopefully next time you will spend more time on details when booking a room in a hotel.

Reviewed June 3, 2019

The location is great for walking around old town. We found the hotel comfortable and clean. The breakfast had enough options to suit everyone. We thought the hotel had a nice feel in this pretty city.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your warm and positive words about your stay in our hotel! We are glad that you decided to book our hotel and that we fulfilled almost all your expectations.

Hopefully you will choose the Meriton Old Town Garden Hotel also next time when visiting our beautiful city.

Welcome back!

Reviewed May 30, 2019

Hotel located in a very central part of "Old Town." You feel part of the action but the hotel is off a courtyard and rooms were quiet and bright. Great breakfast. and friendly staff. Excellent value for money spent.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MANAGERHTL, General Manager at Meriton Old Town Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2019

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your nice feedback and for your high review score!
We are happy that you decided to book our hotel and that your stay was a memorable one.

Hope you come back soon. A warm welcome!

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights in May, the room I got was extremely small - in fact it was the smallest room I’ve ever stayed in. It had a bunk bed which filled half the room and a bathroom that contained a sink so tiny it was hard to get my mouth over it when cleaning my teeth. However, it was not unexpected. When I booked the room I saw the photos and read some other reviews and I got a fair price so decided to go for it. I spend a very short period of time in my room when travelling (minus the sleeping) so as long as it was clean, safe and quiet I knew I would be fine - and I was.

The room had blackout curtains, a shower and was right next to the breakfast hall (I didn’t get any noise from it all all). The breakfast was good for the price, basic but enough to get me off to a good start. The staff were friendly and the location of the hotel is brilliant, close to all the sites a just a couple of minutes walk to the old town. If you’re travelling alone and you’re not claustrophobic, and if you can get a good rate then I’d recommend it. If not then maybe pay a little more for a larger room.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your detailed feedback!
As you booked the smallest room category and a room type called Small Room with Bunk Bed then as you mention yourself there was nothing else to expect. If the room itself is small then it should not be a surprise that also the bathroom is tiny.
This room type is really meant for guests who just need a quiet and clean room and who spend most of the time outside the hotel exploring the city. The location of the hotel is perfect for those who are interested especially in the Old Town area.

The only mystery we have is that if everything was according to your expectations and you knew what you will get then why only 3 review points out of 5? :-)

Welcome back and next time please book a bigger room for full satisfaction.

Reviewed May 7, 2019

Cozy hotel,very interesting building,super friendly staff. The room was warm and pleasant,bathroom spacious. The beds were comfortable ( which is a must),and even the sofa bed we got instead of a single bed ended up being more comfortable than I expected. Breakfast could be a bit better,but I'd surely recommend the hotel.

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank sorayab2016
MANAGERHTL, General Manager at Meriton Old Town Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Dear Guests,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and for leaving a positive feedback!
Glad to hear that you liked your room and especially the beds. Usually when you make a booking for 3 persons we use sofa beds instead of extra beds on which we agree is much more comfortable to sleep.
Sad that you did not fancy our breakfast so much. Would be helpful for us to know what could be different as mostly we are getting good and very god feedback.

Welcome back!