“Great food, terrible service”

Goodwin Steak House
Ranked #40 of 970 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The GOODWIN Steak House is the only classic American steakhouse in the Baltics and Scandinavia. A team of professionals used steakhouse traditions and their own first-hand experience to create the first restaurant of its kind in Estonia. We have studied the concept for many years in the US and Australia, the countries of origin of steak production and cooking culture; the countries where steakhouses are national symbols – which is why we are proud to offer an authentic American Steakhouse with all the appropriate attributes. We opened our first restaurant in Tallinn in March 2009, eager to share our passion for steaks. According to GOODWIN’s philosophy, steakhouse culture is based on three main principles: the cult of beef, the cult of wine and the cult of guests. The cult of beef is an expert approach to steaks, from beef selection to cooking technology. The cult of wine includes professional wine selection: we know everything about wines and offer those perfectly suited to our steaks. The cult of guests is the basis of our hospitality. We know and love our guests, and we create the most comfortable environment for them. Guests enjoy everything in GOODWIN – meals, dinks, music, service, and the open and friendly environment. And we are sure that having once tried what we were able to achieve, you will become a true admirer of real steaks and will hence be our true friend! You are very welcome!
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Great food, terrible service”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

A very expensive steak house in Tallinn Old Town. A 600g steak would have been nearly £50. We settled for an Aberdeen Angus beefburger instead. I have to admit that the burger was probably the best I have ever had but the waiter was so incredibly surly that we left as soon as we had finished. This was the only bad service that we experienced in our four days in Tallinn. Everybody else was incredibly helpful and friendly.

Visited February 2013

• Turkish first
Tallinn, Estonia
“Really great steaks.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

So, this is probably the best place in Tallinn to eat a steak. Goodwin also make good soups, salads etc., but steaks is what makes this place really special. Yeah, their prices are a bit high, but if you take their location (old town renting rates are high) and the fact that they use high quality Australian meat - prices become quite adequate. And food is the strongest point of this place - service is average (sometimes not even friendly), so you better not go there with your new girl unless you want them to ruin your mood. So it's a good place to hang out with your friends.
All in all, I highly recommend this place. Any meat lover will enjoy his/her visit.

1 Thank Andrey K
Heusden-Zolder, Belgium
“Overpriced”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I took some guests to the Goodwin steak house in the Old City of Tallinn.
We ordered filet mignon steaks (gr).
The good side: The steak is cooked to perfection.
The Jazz music I like a lot.

The bad side: This will set you back 25 €.... for just the steak.
If you want something with it, let's say French Fries, it is another 4 to 5€. For that you get 6 french fries.
If you want some salad it is another 4 to 5€.
The service is moderate at best.

All in all, this is my last visit. For this amount of money there are plenty of places where you can eat better and get a lot more food.

2 Thank phil_frederix
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Very good steaks”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've been there twice both times I had the perfect cooked steak with sidedish and sauce of your own choice. There was no Gorgonzola sauce in which could made my visit perfect though. But overall a very good steakhouse.

Tallinn, Estonia
“Definitely overpriced for Tallinn”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Ok I was 3-4 times,nothing to claim about steaks and quality of meat. But last time for example I took just a burger whom costed me 16€ and it was nothing special,not so tasty,nothing more than a Burger you can pay 8€ to some of their competitor. If I spend 16€ for a Burger in Tallinn I pretend "Excellence". About steaks I can say they cooked very well ,the cut and quality of meat is good but OVERPRICED a lot.
Environment is nice,comfortable places to seat and talk,staff was ok and position is very central,in viru tanav that is the main street of Tallinn.
Pity they can improve... but 20 euro for a burger and cola is too much,there are places where you can eat with higher quality for the same price.

2 Thank LordOfTallinn