“Excellent food, great service”
Review of Chedi

Chedi
Ranked #76 of 982 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A warm and cosy contemporary Asian-style decor: high vaulted ceiling, large windows,decoratively revealed fragments of brickwork, laconic dark wood tables (the larger ones,of course, equipped with a revolving central part) sans tablecloths, a stylised stupa andsakura branches on one side of the room. Authentic chairs (imported from China),impressive Zen-style loos built in antique medieval vaults. The central niche with its twored and gold-painted trees is reminiscent of the splendid landscapes in Hero, the fi lm bythe Chinese director Zhang Yimou. Voted by 50 Best Restaurants in Estonia:BEST RESTAURANT IN TALLINN year 2011• 4th place in year 2010
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Chedi. The restaurant is lovely - modern and beautifully decorated and the service was second to none. We had prawn dim sum, tuna salad and deep fried squid as starters. All dishes were beautifully presented and tasty. The only minus point, if I had to find one, was that the tuna salad had quite a lot of plum and ginger dressing on it which slightly masked the taste of the fresh tuna.

Our mains were phenomenal. Be sure to try the sea bass - it is to die for. The spicy prawns were not actually very spicy at all but very tasty still. The honey pork was just the right side of crispy and chewy, it was delicious. The food is pricey but worth it in my opinion, we will definitely visit again.

There are newer reviews for Chedi

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is not just one of the best places in Estonia, but remarkable place in the world.
I have been there twice and both have been unforgottable experiences.
Asian food with really modern twists.
Their duck is absolutely delicious.
I strongly recommend if you want to get good food experience or impress your business partners.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had quite high expectations and was expecting asian fusion. It wasn't really fusion food, but delicious still! Our favourites were the dim sums as starters. The atmosphere was terrific. Otherwise the service was good, but we waited for the cheque for at least 20 minutes (not a busy night...)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

There were 4 of us eating here so we ordered 4 starters and 4 main courses and shared them all. I recommend doing that so you get the best experience of tasting many exciting flavors.
For starters I definitely recommend the crispy duck salad and fresh tuna salad. All of the food looked beautiful on the plate and the taste of all food we tried was excellent. The service was really attentive and friendly and we got the perfect wine recommendation.
For main course I recommend the honey pork and spicy chicken.

The price level is not the cheapest, but this restaurant is really worth a try and worth the money. Best Asian food I have tasted so far.

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I waited more. Restaurant has so high points, but they didn't give value for money. Service was ok, but taste of food was average nothing special.