“Slow service, cold rice, and tough lamb.”
Review of Chakra

Chakra
Ranked #38 of 991 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Chakra, the clay oven is the core of our cooking. We offer sumptuous Indian cuisine using only the finest ingredients. Set in a perfectly restored historic limestone merchant house, beautifully decorated with icons and antiques. Chakra has a delicious varied menu of authentic Indian specialities for both the adventurous and traditional diners.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

After being seated they completely forgot all about me. And no, they weren't busy. Took 35 minutes till they bothered taking my order.

And when the food finally came, the rice was cold, and the lamb was tough as nails.

The naan bread was however delicious.

Overall though, not worth it.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have eaten a lot of Indian in my time so consider myself somewhat an expert and I must say the food at Chakra was edible but not enjoyable. Firstly the positives - lovely setting, beautiful courtyard and cannot fault the service at all. Our waitress was efficient, pleasant and very friendly. Food was prompt to arrive and even the sparrows flying around trying to eat off people's plates were somewhat a novelty.

We shared the tandoori platter as a starter - unfortunately the lamb was tough and all other meats very salty. Even the sauces were so far off authentic that they just did not work - left us wanting for mango chutney and proper yoghurt sauce. The portion was big though and the king prawns, although salty, were a good size.

Our mains were just as disappointing - two chicken dishes and tandoori king prawns, all served with ample rice. The meats were served in a lot of sauce which lacked taste and although the prawns were plentiful, perhaps 10 or so large ones in the dish, at 29e a pop hardly a bargain.

I have had better Indian meals at an English pub - I will give Chakra a miss next time and go to Chedi for a great Asian meal instead.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have travelled a lot but never had such good Indian dishes than here. Service was good and the restaurant had a nice inner yard for eating outside. You should make a reservation as it seems I am not the only one who knows the superiority of this restaurant...

1  Thank Petteri A
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was with the "Patarei" party, and I completely disagree with the review. The food was fantastic - especially for the 2 veggies in the party - and the service was not as described. We were 5 in our party, and 4 of us were very happy with the service. The service was not unfriendly and most definitely not unpleasant. For 4 of us, our meal wasn't ruined by the service, and I completely disagree that it was "mean, humourless, begrudging and miserable"! I will accept we had better service in other restaurants, but the service was not as bad as in the last review.

2  Thank Jayne_H_W
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Unfriendly, unpleasant service; no smile, no help with the menu, any question answered with a cold, miserable 'no'.

On the plus side, food was very good if expensive for Tallinn. Shame of it all was a good meal ruined by mean, humourless, begrudging and miserable service.

2  Thank Patarei