“Ignore the last review ...”
Review of Chakra

Chakra
Ranked #28 of 1,025 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Chakra, the clay oven is the core of our cooking. We offer sumptuous Indian cuisine using only the finest ingredients. Set in a perfectly restored historic limestone merchant house, beautifully decorated with icons and antiques. Chakra has a delicious varied menu of authentic Indian specialities for both the adventurous and traditional diners.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was with the "Patarei" party, and I completely disagree with the review. The food was fantastic - especially for the 2 veggies in the party - and the service was not as described. We were 5 in our party, and 4 of us were very happy with the service. The service was not unfriendly and most definitely not unpleasant. For 4 of us, our meal wasn't ruined by the service, and I completely disagree that it was "mean, humourless, begrudging and miserable"! I will accept we had better service in other restaurants, but the service was not as bad as in the last review.

2  Thank Jayne_H_W

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Unfriendly, unpleasant service; no smile, no help with the menu, any question answered with a cold, miserable 'no'.

On the plus side, food was very good if expensive for Tallinn. Shame of it all was a good meal ruined by mean, humourless, begrudging and miserable service.

2  Thank Patarei
Reviewed July 14, 2013

As a local resident of Tallinn I choose Chakra for a quiet dinner out with my husband or with other friends. It is always good, either way if you are in the dining room or on the quiet summer terrace. The menu is really large and vegetarians don't have to be stuck to order the same thing every time. Very tasty tomato soup, onion naan and chicken masala, and all veg dishes are good, plus salads are very fresh. Staff is friendly and speak Estonian, English, and Russian without an attitude.

2  Thank gigigigigigi
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very good indian food, one of the best in Tallinn. Good prices, cosy location (both inside and outside). and of course service minded staff.

1  Thank Toveha
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have visited Chakra many many times and I still like it.:) Had a lovely dinner there yesterday. It was not very fool, maybe because of the weather. Delicious food, prices are very reasonable for the Old Town area. Usually very nice and friendly service. Place is very well know and is one of the best Indian restaurants in Tallinn. It is very often full when you just walk in, so if you definitely want to check it out I recommend to book in advance.
Nice Indian design, you can choose weather you want to sit on a soft sofa or on a simple chair.
They also have a terrace.
Naans, paneers and lassies - are my favorite in Chakra. They have only 4 or 5 desserts, but all of them are really good! :)

1  Thank Kristiina108