“Haute Estonian Cuisine with excellent service - great value for the quality provided.”
Review of Restaurant MEKK

Restaurant MEKK
Ranked #70 of 981 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Eastern European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Ate outside near chimney sweep statue. Service was of the highest standard - friendly and professional. I had delicious tomato soup with basil and gorgeous melted cheese croutons for starters whilst he had rabbit soup (apparently fanastic but I personally can't eat bunnies). A special mention for the breads - outstanding! My herring in clay pot was with a sumptuous sauce and veggies whilst his veal cutlets were a great success. Desserts were top class - lemon tart with vanilla ice cream and cheesecake with berries. With a bottle of rose wine around 70 euros for two - well worth it for the atmosphere, presentation and quality experience.

1  Thank atrist
TallinnHotels, Head chef at Restaurant MEKK, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear atrist,

Thank you for this comment!

To put this in simple words is difficult but let me just say that you really are the type of guest that every chef is dreaming of!
It is obvius to the eye that you have put a lot of thought into writing this feedback and you certainly made sure that you let us feel good about our efforts. All my gratitude to you for that. I am sure my team is also delighted as they read through our Tripadvisor page.

You are more than welcome coming back anytime!

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Restaurant MEKK

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We shared a few different plates and everything was excellent. The food is truly farm to table and we enjoyed it all. It was delicious with a beautiful presentation. Also, the wait staff was great, helping you with choices and even gave us restaurant recommendations for Riga, Latvia. You will definitely enoy MEKK

1  Thank luckyrioInNV
TallinnHotels, Head chef at Restaurant MEKK, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments!

I am very happy that you found our food as well as our service pleasant for you.
All that is left to say is "Welcome back!" and thank you for suggesting MEKK as your choice!

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went there for a romantic dinner one night - it was so good that we ended up here again next day for lunch! We felt it was good value for money even though the prices are high, considering the quality of the food and the service.

TallinnHotels, Head chef at Restaurant MEKK, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Sulhefa,

Thank you for your lovely feedback!

It is great to see that you enjoyed our restaurant and I can assure you that we enjoy your comment at least as much!

Until the next time, best regards!

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

They aren't kidding with the name Mekk (modern Estonian köök/cusine)!

It's the best of the Estonian kitchen, with as much as possible done in house including their own marinated herring and a stellar vanilla ice cream!

Average prices in the teens and a reasonable menu that surprises all make this a gem of old town!

Great evening date or business meeting location. I honestly can't wait to come back!

1  Thank Cpucc001
TallinnHotels, Head chef at Restaurant MEKK, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Cpucci,

Thank you for your joyful comments!

All I can do is return the favour and say that we also cannot wait to have you back.
Guests like you are the reasons why we thrive to work with enthusiasm daily and I can honestly say that you have made MEKK a better place to be at.

Until we meet again!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Modern Estonian Cuisine it said. The food was very good and the service was excellent (but we were the only ones in there). Unfortunately it was also quite pricey (we paid about £35 each) and the portion sizes were small. We did not feel as if we had had great value even if the meal was good.

TallinnHotels, Head chef at Restaurant MEKK, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Ken,

Thank you for your compliments as well as your critique!
I am sorry of course that you were not a hundred percent satisfied with the pricing but I hope that you got a taste of what is Estonian food made modernly.

Hopefully we can deliver for you better next time.