“Stylish interior, delicious Estonian fusion food”
Review of Restaurant MEKK

Restaurant MEKK
Ranked #70 of 981 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Eastern European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We wanted to find a stylish restaurant with some Estonian flavors and Mekk was exactly that kind of place. The inviting modern interior fits well with a charming old town building. We got an excellent lunch experience thanks to a carefully prepared warm salad. It was far from a basic lettuce salad with some grilled vegetables, quality greens, goose fillet quail egg topped with delicious vinaigrette. Healthy and tasty.

1  Thank jj77loves2travel
TallinnHotels, Head chef at Restaurant MEKK, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear JJ,

Thank you for the kind words!
That is really what we are thriving for here - further from a basic Estonian food to show a different side of the Estonian cuisine. The one that is made modernly.

I am glad that you noticed that!

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Restaurant MEKK

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Without being disparaging to other cuisines, they can generally be experienced in most major cities. The main attraction of MEKK is that it offers a dining experience, which is not available elsewhere, by serving typical Estonian food but prepared in a modern way. During our stay we ate at MEKK several times and tried a number of dishes. We were never disappointed! The ambience is good and the staff are knowledgable, friendly and efficient.

TallinnHotels, Head chef at Restaurant MEKK, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Mike,

I am very greatful of your kind words and wish to thank you for taking the time to learn about Estonian cuisine.

The fact that you liked it trying many of the dishes is very rewarding for me.
Since you have been in Savoy Boutique Hotel several times I am eager to meet you again in the future so I can greet you in person.

Until we meet again!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We visited MEKK on Boxing Day 2012. It looked like local food and organic ingredients are not so popular in Estonia than in most other European countiries. MEKK is different. Atmosphere and service were warm, nice and cozy. We ate the Christmas menu. It was interesting to taste traditional estonian holiday dishes. Food was great and I wrote a review to my blog Sivumaku (in Finnish). There's lots of pictures too.

Dear sivumaku,

Thank you for this post and even more - thank you for the blogpost you wrote.
Having read it I find it the best pleasant from a fellow fan of culinary delights.

I hope we can talk about this some day in the future!
Until then I wish you great endeavors in the field of restaurants.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

They are advertising themselves as the place for Estonian food. Actually you'd get something "Estonian" better in other places. Ambience is strict, food okay. No "Estonian" though, just common fusion.

1  Thank Margus365

Dear varhool,

Thank you for the honesty!

I hope that you could enjoy our restaurant even though you did not find it Estonian enough for you.
The menu we have is a reflection of how our staff of chefs see the Estonian kitchen and I would be more than happy to see you again here so I could personally explain you how we got to the variety of choices we have.

All the best,

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The restaurant is goodlooking, classe and with a friendly and competant waiters. However the plate are surely not enough for one person. It looks like some basic restaurant which try to make himself beter by serving small portion.

Conclusion : tasty and nice but why so small portion for that price ;-).

1  Thank corentin_dekoninck
TallinnHotels, Head chef at Restaurant MEKK, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear corentin,

Thank you for your honesty!
It means a lot as well as your positive comments about Restaurant MEKK.

I am sorry if you though of our portions as not fulfilling and I believe every guest is right in their own angle.
My angle is to give a pleasant memory about Estionian food modernly made and I hope you got the taste from your visit.

Kind regards,