1,559 results
All reviewscafe mademoiselleold towntoompea castlelarge hotelfinnish saunahotel gueststen minute walkbreakfast buffetenjoyed my staybathtubminus
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I spent three nights in this hotel and was very impressed. Arriving late (after 10p.m.) on Monday, we had to eat in the hotel "Tapas Restaurant", where the food was reasonable but the wine was both expensive and "corked". I would recommend eating out, as the Old Town is well supplied with a great variety of restaurants. The standard rooms are large and clean. One complaint would be the lack of toilettries supplied in the bathroom. Breakfast was ample, with lots of choice. The main attraction (for me at least) was the spa: clean, well designed, popular with guests from the hotel and locals - pre-breakfast there were very few people there, but evenings were very busy. Perhaps the staff in the reception could be a little quicker and more efficient but they were friendly enough and had a good command of English. The Old Town is within walking distance, and there are lots of taxis at all hours. It cost us less than 8 euros to go to the airport, which is not very far away. I was very happy with my stay there and would willingly return!

Room Tip: Insit on room in new building.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I travelled with my family in September, and stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It's a short walk to Tallinn old centre. We found the place very comfortable, spotless, and the staff are very friendly. The breakfast w also very nice, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We started out at the Meriton Old City, which does not have air conditioning, which shocked us as i had telephoned them from the US with this very question. But the polite clerk called us a taxi and paid for it to take us to the Meriton Grand, which has: great AC, an excellent location (better than being inside the old city walls b/c it is quieter), and wonderfully nice and helpful staff. We loved it here and would definitely stay again. Our room was decent sized, super modern and clean, and the breakfast buffets set us up for the day. The hotel has several restaurants, and although we did encounter one slightly snarky waitress, in general the hotel is top notch.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wendyandjeff60795
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This hotel was fantastic. The location, price and comfort was outstanding. The pool and spa facilities were excellent. Very good choice for breakfast too. I would highly recommend this for a weekend break. Tallinn itself is small but quaint and also good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Great location near the Old Town.
Superb accomodation. Friendly staff.
Absolutely recommended for a longer stay in this beautiful city.

• Stayed: September 2011