“spectacular view”

Horisont Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 1,067 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Horisont Restaurant offers inspired dining and effortless elegance. Located on the 30th floor of Swissotel Tallinn, it is a stage where the Executive Chef and his highly trained team produce the ultimate dining experience for epicurean excellence. Our cuisine will entice you with the finest contemporary European dishes and the best of seasonal ingredients with a few intriguing twists. Horisont Bar welcomes you with the best coctails in town and Cigar Lounge. Whether seeking business or pleasure, the Cigar Room is the premier destination for anyone from the enthusiast to the casual smoker. We share your passion for fine dining on any occasion you choose to share with us. Do not miss a great taste of inspiration!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

great food, good service, very nice atmosphere. We didn't order tasting menu, but all appetisers we had, just delicious. Also, order dessert with dry ice and berries, it's something special

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I think I know a lot about food and wine - especially after visiting some classy places in cities like Paris and Munich. I can say that Horisont is a great place to visit and is certainly classy, but I can't rate it 5 star due to a few reasons. First of all - prices are a bit too high for these dishes. Don't get me wrong - they cook them ideally, but I can name a few restaurants in Tallinn that serve tastier dishes for lower prices or at the same price level. Just a few examples of Horizon dishes. Roasted halibut with shrimp ravioli - not enough taste, and that shrimp ravioli is quite mediocre. Roasted beef fillet - this one is really good. Duck breast - another good one. As you can see some dishes are great while some are nothing special. In my opinion, high class restaurants should make sure their quality is consistent - not varied from one dish to another. This is the problem of many restaurants in Tallinn. Another minor drawback - beer selection. You probably know that Saku is not beer and Carsberg is made by Saku in Estonia. Sadly, Hoisont serves only these 2 beers. Yes, I love good red wine, but high class restaurant should have good beer - a few good ones in the menu is enough. And the 3rd drawback would be air conditioning - it's not working well (was quite hot). The strongest sides of Horisont are its view (30th floor) and perfect service. The staff is great and 2 complimentary dishes were a pleasant surprise. I'll be going back to Horison from time to time for sure, but just want every meal to be interesting and tasty - not just some of them. And I can forgive these prices - I can only imagine how pricey is their rent.

1  Thank Andrey K
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our evening at Horisont was genuinely memorable for all time. The most divine combination of superb food, location and attention to detail. If one goes for the view it will not disappoint but it is so much more. The food, service and ambiance could not be faulted. The little surprises in the form of exotic butters with a selection of home made breads, the melt in the mouth cup of mushroom soup, the berry sorbet and the chocolates were wonderful but the selected dishes of oxtail ravioli and veal (plus dessert) and confit duck and lamb were beyond expectation. Delivered at exactly the right pace and taken with the driest of dry Chablis at a most reasonable price this was heaven indeed. If in Tallinn don't miss it!

1  Thank suspet
STL_Swissotel, General Manager at Horisont Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for spending your evening in Horisont Restaurant & Bar. Allow me to share our gratitude on behalf of the team of Swissôtel Tallinn for such a wonderful review! It is a pleasure to hear your stay in our top floor restaurant turned out to be memorable! I am delighted to hear that next to the panoramic view over Tallinn, our dishes served also followed your expectations and we were able to create such great impression. Hopefully we will have a chance to welcome you back in Horisont Restaurant & Bar in the near future!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Booked a table at this hotel top floor resturant after looking at many in Tallin and it was convieniant as we were staying at the hotel. I am perhaps a little fussy and spoilt! This in terms of food qualit ,cooking and service was very good. The bellinis to start were excellent the view stunning and the food excellent through each course. Decent wine list and fair value so it was surprising to find the resturant apart from a Russian group so quiet. but it was to our benefit and a good evening.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Have a meal before you eat here, on the top floor, as the food is awesome, but not enough! We were 3 persons, and we all wanted Duck, but it was 2100 and they had only enough duck for one of us.........