“Great Staff...Just ourside of Old Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Euphoria Hostel

Euphoria Hostel
Ranked #48 of 82 Hotels in Tallinn
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Staff...Just ourside of Old Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

Really glad I had to stay here. My hostel from Friday night had no rooms available for Saturday and I was "relocated" to Euphoria. The staff has a great attitude and are very welcoming. Although the place seems a little too "hippy" for me...I still really enjoyed my stay. The place is very clean and about a 5 minute walk to the old town.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Malmö
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

It's not too often that you find a real gem in the jungle of inner-city hotels of national capitals. But that's what I found when staying at Euphoria in Tallinn. Euphoria isn't like any ordinary hotel, and I would say it's better off that way. The generous staff are very courteous and will make sure that you have a comfortable stay.

The reception is also close to the lounge room, which has a computer that can be used for surfing the Internet and many various instruments for the more musically creative guests. It is the area where you can sit down and just relax - or, as in my case - see bands from neighboring countries play a couple of songs.

The beds are comfortable, and even though I hadn't slept at the top bunk of a bunk bed since childhood, I had a very good night's sleep and even missed the early-morning activities in the lounge room, that I had wanted to attend. (Not the hotel's fault, that just tends to happen when I sleep in.)

Turning left from the front door, you are only one underground tunnel away from entering and exploring the Old Town of Tallinn, and the staff will provide you with maps and suggestions of various bars and sights you can visit. And being so close to the many sights of Tallinn, Euphoria is an excellent spot for tourists to start off a tour of the city.

And even then, staying at Euphoria is an experience in itself, with its painted walls, decorated rooms, and staff that make sure that your stay is a good one. And with daily rates starting at 10€/night, it's a very good option for budget travelers such as yours truly.

The word euphoria is described in the dictionary as "a feeling of happiness" - and that's what I felt during my brief stay at Euphoria. I really felt happy and inspired staying there, and if I would ever find myself heading to Tallinn again, I'd surely make Euphoria my first option.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank theanthony040
Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

I chose this hostel for the location and value but my recommendation is based on the excellent service. Jonathan, the manager, was very friendly and helpful and his recommendations helped to make my trip a memorable one.
And if you're there on a Wednesday, don't miss the special evening!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo