“Perfect location!”
Review of Viru Backpackers

Viru Backpackers
Ranked #4 of 119 Specialty Lodging in Tallinn
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The hostel is located in the Main Street of the old town. I stayed in a single room which was spacious and clean. Great value for money and good to get away from some of the other noisy hostels. Not much of an atmosphere so don't stay here if you want to meet others. They allowed me to do my laundry free of charge. Shower facilities are great and overall it's very chilled. Staff were helpful and the breakfast was simple toast and cereal but a real bonus! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Good hostel in the heart of the old town. We spent there one night only on a 2 day trip in Tallinn.

Pros:
central, free luggage deposit, breakfast included and globally a very helpful staff

Cons:
not really worth the price as a matter of sleeping quality, both for noise from the streets (we could close the windows, doubt it will be possibile in the summer though) and bed quality.

If you are not picky and don't have problems falling asleep however, I would strongly recomend it

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank piotor87
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Good hostel, on great location in the old town.

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of our 2 month roadtrip in Eastern Europe.

We traveled by car. You can reach the hostel by car (watch out for all the walking tourist while driving). Parking your car can be done in the big mall, that's about 5 minutes walk from the hostel.

The hostel is good. We had a big family room for the 4 of us. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. The hostel could be a little cleaner.

From the hostel you can reach any sightseeing place in just a couple of minutes walk, so a great location for your city trip to Tallinn!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

It's not typical hostel for backpackers. It's more like basic, small hotel. Unfortunately it's located on third floor but have very cosy, symphatic and light rooms in two options: single and double. Maybe it's not for pocket of typical backpacker with small budget but it's worth to pay more and have private room. Double costs around 40-50 euro.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Unforgiven11
Reviewed February 13, 2013

When I first arrived in Viru backpackers I was greeted by a friendly receptionist called Morgan, a traveller from the U.S. She was more than helpful throughout my stay. The staff at Viru were polite and friendly and Morgan even took me out to a couple of bars on the couple of nights that I was there.
Accomodation was simple and basic, which was more than enough for me, a single bed, a bedside table and privacy. There was one shower for the 21 people staying there, but I had no trouble getting the shower to myself. The showers were lovely and hot, the beds were comfy and the room was warm.
Breakfast was included in the price and was very pleasant, cereal and toast served between 7:30 and 10:30

The backpackers was like a student flat, some sofas for socialising, a kitchen and a shower room. Personally I had no complaints about the place, it was homely, warm and peaceful. I couldn't complain as I had a very pleasant stay. The toilets were a little small, a 4ft square room, two of these rooms, but I didn't mind.

Room Tip: Ask for a single room if your traveling solo, its much nicer to have a private room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hostel is probably the best hostel the three members of our group have ever stayed in - and we are seasoned travellers. Lovely and clean, big room (we booked a triple and one of the three beds was a large double - bonus), very helpful staff, nice breakfast provided in the mornings. Very good value and located right in the heart of the Old Town. Would heartily recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank zproud1
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Me and three female friends booked a four bedded room at this hostel for a long weekend in Tallin If you get you bus ticket from the kiosk in the airport it should cost you 1 euro if you get on the bus it will cost you 1 euro 60. Very good on location the room was clean also the shared bathrooms and toilets were clean, Continental self service breakfast also pancakes if you wished is also included in the price, it also said coffee and tea all day but there was never any milk and the coffee was vile but for what we paid it was not worth complaining about.The beds were clean and comfortable, It is located on one of the main streets of Tallinn which our room over looked but this did not stop us from having a good nights sleep. On the Friday we went to Helsinki on the ferry we booked this on line before we went, we did have to get up early but the staff left out bread and butter jam so we could have some thing to eat before we went. The staff were very helpful we decided to get a taxi back to the airport which for the four of us did not cost much more than the bus which the staff ordered for us.Very good value for money .Would stay again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends