“A little gem”
Review of Vanaema Juures

Vanaema Juures
Ranked #19 of 981 Restaurants in Tallinn
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This eating-place known for its good Estonian cuisine is without doubt among one of the best restaurants in the city. We offer traditional Estonian national dishes in cosy atmosphere. Bon appétit!
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This restaurant is a little gem just off the main square. The food - traditional Estonian - was delicious and very affordable - I had soup and pork which was probably one of the best meals I have had in Estonia. The service was also good and friendly. I would recommend a visit even for a drink just to go back in time for an hour or two. I will certainly pop in again!

There are newer reviews for Vanaema Juures

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We came from Helsinki and the food prices were halved! They charge €1 for 1 jug of tap water, €2 for 1 bottle of evian and €0.5 for butter. We had beer and clear salmon soup. For main course, we had lamb stew, elk roast and wild boar roast. I enjoyed the lamb with blue cheese sauce. The other 2 courses are delicious as well. The meat dishes have quite good quality if meat. All these added up to be €64.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My family and I visited this restaurant based on the recommendation of a coffee barista in a nearby shop. We were on a cruise and wanted to try someplace that served local food and was not super touristy in order to escape the other hoards of cruise ship people. This restaurant accomplished both objectives perfectly.

We had a fantastic lunch - the food was prepared in traditional ways (based on what we were told by the waitress, so take it for what it's worth). The service (by said waitress) was excellent. We all tried various Estonian dishes and they were generally rustic and hearty fare. The prices were also reasonable. I would definitely return to this restaurant if I ever visited Tallinn again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place was very cozy, if a bit loud (it seats maybe 30 people in a small space). The food was very tasty and seemed like traditional Estonian food.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were lucky to get a table at this restaurant as we had not booked. It has a wonderful WWII atmosphere with decor to match. The service is charming and friendly and the food tasty and solid. I can imagine that in the winter this restaurant really comes into its own with its cosy feel.