“Highlight of our trip”
Review of EstAdventures

EstAdventures
Ranked #7 of 71 Tours in Tallinn
More attraction details
Owner description: EstAdventures provide handcrafted tours in Tallinn and Estonia. We make tours that pierce the tourist bubble. Scheduled small group tours depart every day from May to September. Private tours available year round.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Went on a day-trip with EstAdventures to Rakvere and the north-east coast of Estonia. Dad and i had wanted to visit the North side for sometime, and were not disappointed.

Andrew our guide was very knowledgable throughout, and took us to some great locations.

We had lunch at a tranquil spot by the river, and took a pleasant walk nearby afterwards.

Next year Dad and i are hoping to go to Haapsalu with EstAdventures, and taking some friends with us.

EstAdventures took us to Lahemaa national park in July 2008, where we saw some picturesque locations and local wildlife.

EstAdventures, Owner at EstAdventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Thanks for the review Tammy. I look forward to showing you and your dad Haapsalu and the west next year.

All reviews
in 149 reviews
"marko"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We found Estadventures on line and organised a private Group tour the day after arriving. Andrew arrived on time at our hotel and the 11 of us experienced an excellent 6 hour private visit to the Old Town and then "crossed the tracks" to see how the residents live, including the market, the last remaining public sauna, and then the shore line.

We were so impressed by Andrew's knowledge and relaxed style that we arranged a further all day visit, to bog walk in Laheema National Park, a mansion, a fishing village and the Keilla waterfall, a total of nearly 10 hours, so worthwhile!

Keep up the good work,

Winchester UK U3A

Thanks for the review. It was thoroughly enjoyable showing the U3A group around Tallinn and Lahemaa.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We would like to thank Andrew for a really enjoyable day to the Laheema National Park /Palmse etc we saw so much of the Estonian country side most of which we would have probably missed if we were doing it on our own, nothing was to much trouble and was all done at our pace , Andrews weather forcasting is pretty good as is his gnome impression ;-) we would highly recommend EsAdventures
thanks again

Edd (aka phil)

EstAdventures, Manager at EstAdventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Thanks Phil! I'm not sure if my weather forecasting is more luck or skill! I will keep practicing the gnome impression over the winter!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had booked the walking tour of Tallinn before my departure and ended up being the only one, thus having a private guide--how awesome is this? Inga and I had a really good time together, like old friends. She is very knowledgeable and personal information regarding the KGB era and her growing up in Tallinn added much to my experience. She also gave me some pointers for good places to eat.
Due to sudden illness, I missed the Laheema Tour, which I had also pre-booked. When I did not show up, they were so concerned that they contacted my husband in the states--how many tour companies go to this length caring about their clients? Highly recommended.

Thanks so much for your review. I'm thrilled you had such a great time with Inga. She had such a lovely time with you on the tour, it's a shame you couldn't join us on the Lahemaa tour. I hope we didn't alarm your husband too much when we called him!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just a quick note to endorse Andrew and the team at EstAdventures - this is simply a 'must do'.

As we only had a short stay in Tallinn, we booked a Private Tour with EstAdventures. We specified the kind of thing that we wanted to do and the sorts of places that we wanted to see (a mix of Estonian history and Soviet influences, the tourist areas and the places that only the locals see, the old town and the areas just outside the city..) and let them do the rest.

The tour went at our pace and we dictated where and what we did. We had a fantastic day and reviewing the photographs, it seems hard to believe that we saw and did so much. Andrew is hugely knowledgeable, professional, funny and a thoroughly nice guy.

We covered the local attractions, bars, restaurants, churches, memorials and museums - We gained a great insight into local life (I can still taste the Tabasco!) as well as seeing the main 'tourist traps'.

I'd urge anyone traveling to Tallinn to book with Andrew and EstAdventures - you won't be disappointed.

Hi Tony,

A belated thank you for the review. It was a pleasure to show you around Tallinn. I hope your taste buds have recovered from the tobasco in the millimallikas!