“Reasonable price for very good food”
Review of 7Urti Resto

7Urti Resto
Ranked #91 of 1,249 Restaurants in Tallinn
Description: Our menu is based on seasonal produce which constantly changes in order to offer you the freshest ingredients out there. The name of the restaurant 7Ürti means 7herbs and our concept is to use a different herb each day of the week. We try our best to offer you a clean and exciting tasting experience worth to remember!"
Reviewed February 16, 2019

Having had good recommendations, decided to make a try for weekend dinner.
We’ve purchased 3 course voucher and daughter being on own choice.
Overall, we would rate the taste and quality of food as 4,5 out of 5 (I’m quit picky on food).
The place is rather small gastro pub, than resto. We 3 haven’t had issues, but overall space is rather limited.
The service is very attentive and friendly.
Overall experience, as price vs quality is 5 out of 5.
Will definitely come back soon and recommend it to others.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 5, 2019

We decided to give this place a try having heard good things about it, and by and large we weren't disappointed.

We opted for mains, leaving room for dessert. I had the duck breast with butternut pumpkin purée, which was very flavourful but a little chewy in parts. My husband had the steak salad, about which he said exactly the same thing - that it was tasty but the meat a little tough. (But then 99 times out of 100 beef *is* tough in Estonia, which is why I never order it.) We then tried two of the house cakes for afters, one honey cake and one banana cake, both of which were nice. We only drank juice and the homemade lemonade - which had a pleasant taste similar to plum jam - so the total bill came to under €40. A complimentary appetiser is brought to the table after you've ordered of 7Ürti's house bread with their own chicken pâté, which is very nice.

The place itself is cosy and slightly quirky, with a warm and eclectic atmosphere. It's not particularly large, which wasn't an issue when we were there, but if the place was full I can imagine it would get a bit sardines-in-a-tin, what with some of the tables being so close together. Service from our jolly waiter was friendly and attentive, if a little over-rehearsed at times. Still a cut above ordinary service though.

We ate here at 3.00 pm on a Saturday without a booking and they were able to squeeze us in, but every table was booked from 5.00 pm onwards - so if you want to make sure you can eat here you're probably best-off making a booking.

Overall we enjoyed our visit, although we did both feel there was a little bit of room for improvement.

Date of visit: January 2019
2  Thank phutty
Reviewed November 27, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is just one of a kind. Super good customer service every time! I have visited this restaurant now twice within one week and I have to say it became my new favorite place! and I really have observed many restaurants in Tallinn. I care for places that have fresh and different concept with fresh ingredients. Walking distance from the city center (Viru keskus)

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited this restaurant on a couple of occasions before, but the food has always been very good as well as the service! I especially recommend the tuna tartar from the starters! The place is quite small but the atmosphere surpasses the size!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Delicious food and is popular with the locals. Warm service and cosy. It is outside the tourist route but if you are visiting Kadriorg, drop by for lunch or dinner. I tried a few in the old town (including the top rated) and this was my favourite that I immediately reserved dinner on the same night. They have good value lunch set of starter and main for 7 Euros on weekdays, as well as seasonal mains over and above the regular mains on the menu. Cakes are yummy too.

Date of visit: May 2018