“EXCELLENT FOOD” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dominic

Dominic
Ranked #5 of 902 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Dominic Restaurant in the heart of Old Town of Tallinn is a cosy dining place for all worshippers of European cuisine. Wine enthusiasts can choose their favourite from among 400 different wines. Restaurant Dominic won "Best Restaurant" and "Best Chef" categories at the Silverspoon Awards 2012 held by the Gastronomy Society of Estonia.
Recife, PE
“EXCELLENT FOOD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a delicious dinner: the food was perfect and the service very efficient. The borsh soup and the cod were divine, completed by a delicious Alsacian Riesling. A special way to say goodbye to this wonderful city.

Visited June 2013

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Make sure you book”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We ate dinner here, having made a booking during the day... lots of people were turned away during the course of the evening.

The food was delicious... really beautifully prepared and presented.

The wine list was extensive and the waitress helpful - unfortunately the sommelier was preoccupied with seemingly personal matters, which did detract slightly from our evening.

Service was good, but not outstanding...

Overall though I'd have to say we enjoyed our meal very much and found it to be very reasonably priced.

• Visited June 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“I will visit again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I took duck and my husband got beef. Both were well presented and delicious.Both well known foods were originally combined with side foods. Also ambiance is great. Worth every penny and it is a pleasure.

Visited June 2013
Turku
“Very good quality to price ratio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I think we were here more of a lunch than dinner time and we ate outside in the terrace. I'd imagine getting a table during the evening is not that simple.

However, the food was very delicious and reasonable prized and I'm glad we paid a visit here mainly by accident. I think the pesto risotto that I had with chicken is the best one I've had in years.

• Visited June 2013
Tallinn, Estonia
“Almost perfect, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This review is heavily inspired by 1 main factor. Dominic is a high-class place (if you don't believe me - take a look at their wine/champagne selection with prices up to ~29K EUR per bottle), so I'm comparing it to other similar places in Tallinn.
Let's go through the main factors quickly.
Service. Well, it's really good, but not excellent. One guy mixed up the dishes while another almost broke a glass. Seems minor, but not when you play at this level.
Drinks. Excellent at least. I know a lot about wine and so does their staff - great selection of wines. Too bad the beer selection is so cheap (hello, Saku), but it's not such a big deal since I presume no one in his/her mind will order beer with scallops.
Atmosphere is very good as well. Nice interior, well-dressed staff, good tableware. You feel like you are in a proper place.
Food. Here is what I want to talk about more thoroughly. What do you expect from such restaurant? Modern and fancy dishes? Yes, no problems here. You want these to be perfectly cooked? Seems like our case. You want these to taste heavenly since all components work so well together? Well, not exactly our story. Let me just describe a few dishes from the current menu:
1. Starter. Green salad with cold smoked salmon and Parmesan dressing. Maybe I'm being too picky, but the dish tastes like something you can make at home pretty-easily and quite quickly. Yes, the dish is tasty, but not interesting at all. Just above average - no skills required to do such dish. Just chop it all and throw in a bowl.
2. Starter. Grilled scallops with crab risotto. Risotto is rather blank. Scallops are OK, but their beauty is not disclosed in this dish at all. I would say these 2 main "parts" are not tied together well enough.
3. Main dish. Salmon with caviar. It's nice, but quite trivial. Not interesting.
4. Main dish. Grilled duck fillet. Average. Duck was a bit dry even.
5. Desert. Creme Brulee. Was perfect - just like in Paris.
6. Desert. Chocolate in three ways. Another flawless dish.
May seem like Dominic is average, but it's actually good. As I said in the very beginning - I compared it to other high-class places and there are a couple of better options. But all in all it's a very good place to visit - especially if you love wine and deserts. Coffee is flawless too.

• Visited May 2013