“Perfect evening”

Description: Fine-Dining
Stavanger, Norway
“Perfect evening”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our company was in Tallinn last weekend and had a wonderful meal in the Tchaikovsky restaurant. We had trout with lobster for starter and Estonian beef for main course. Both dishes were exquisite and pure pleasure to eat. The service was excellent and the atmosphere cosy. Live classical music was also a great experiance. We would definitely come back to this lovely restaurant and recommend it to our friends... :-)

• Visited November 2013

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place that give relax to the visitors. Very good service, the waiters were standing and searching for the guests to serve. Glasses were always full of wine.

Tallinn, Estonia
“#2 in Estonia? Sorry, I doubt about that”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I've recently read about this restaurant had got #2 rank among restaurants in Estonia. It sounded inspirational and me and my wife decided to pay a visit to this place. I'll not argue about their cuisine, it is ok, but definitely not that super-dooper excellent many past reviewers trying to claim.
It looks like chef tries to do his best, experimenting with tastes and components. Dumplings (pelmenis) with forest mushrooms mousse were good, so was seafood salad with Kamchatka crab. Duck breast was ok, but not perfect, just of average kind. And yes, desserts were awesome, indeed. However, service has to be always in line with the kitchen, but this was not the case. Overall waiters were friendly and helpful, but all of then got rather an enthusiasm, than e real knowledge of what they serve. It was a real mess with wine card. We ordered one kind of wine and the waiter (not sommelier) brought another one and tried to persuade me he got the right thing. Come on. I usually drive and limit myself just with one glass. On the bill we found 3 glasses instead of 2 and we were charged 6.5 eur for the full 0.75 bottle of still water while we drunk just 2 glasses. Luckily the waiter immediately fixed mistakes. #2? Are you kidding?

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Alex_from_Estonia
Irmela H, General Manager at Tchaikovsky, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor’s Alex_from_Estonia

Thank you for taking time to review our Restaurant Tchaikovsky; we value and appreciate all reviews of our restaurant as well as of our Hotel Telegraaf, in which the Restaurant Tchaikovsky is housed.

We are using guest and customer feedback to further motivate our team-members and / or to streamline our training measures.

It was good to read that you enjoyed the starters, yet of course we were saddened that we did not meet your taste when it came to the main dish. Thank you for your kind comments on the desserts !

Yet it was with concern that we read about your statement regarding the wine card and our service staff’s reaction, please accept our sincere apologies for this. It was good to read that it was fixed promptly.

In order for us to follow up with the incident regarding the wine card we would greatly appreciate it if you could send us an email, for ease of correspondence directly to our F&B Manager, Mr Kaido Pallo to kaido.pallo@telegraafhotel.com , with the date of your visit and if you were here for lunch or dinner.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again to our Restaurant and with your next table reservation please feel free to make a cross reference to this review.

With best wishes, Management and Team of the Hotel Telegraaf and the Restaurant Tchaikowsky.

Irmela Heinsius
Bangalore District, India
“Just perfecr”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Best food and most professionel service is Tallinn - also priced accordingly, but also worth it! So a full recommendation

Tallinn, Estonia
“Simply excellent - do not miss Tchaikovsky”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have known both Telegraaf Hotel and the Resaturant Tchaikovsky for excellent quality and service. But experiencing a seven course dinner prepared by 2 Star Michelin Chef Karlheinz Hauser and Tchayikovsky's ows Vladislav Djatsuk was a very special treat. This was possible at a special event titeled "Chef's Duet" on October 24.

I would indeed have difficulty in naming my favourite dish, as all of them were exquisit, inventive and full of exciting flavour and beautifully matched with a great wine selection. I thought it was great to also watch the other guests enjoy, especially, to feel that the two chefs and their teams had really seemed to have found great chemistry in the kitchen. The dishes were prepared by each chef in turn and Vladislav Djatsuk could indeed match Karlheinz Hauser's two stars that night! From the subtle Amouse Bouche there was a great crescendo that kept up excitement and was simply beautiful. This - together Tchaikovsky's wonderful atmosphere and live music - really was an experience you will have to look hard to experience anywhere else. I also have to mention the professonal service staff who explained dishes and wines with care and also personality which, to me, is the key to a very authentically friendly atmosphere

I would be back for any event like this and I commend the Telegraaf for making such an exchange of true artists possible. It was a pleasure to witness their mutual inspiration true to the title of a Chef's Duet. To me, events like this show that the restaurant is achieving to provide new experiences and is worth coming back to every time. The Tchaikovsky clearly deserves its recent award of best restaurant in Tallinn!

• Visited October 2013