“Excellent!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine-Dining
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The food here is inventive and delicious, although perhaps a little "busy". However the wine list is excellent, the staff are very good and the restaurant itself is lovely. It would be a very romantic spot (I was there on business).

1  Thank brisvegasgirlParis

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Tchaikovsky is a good restaurant, but not exceptional and if you are used to eat in fine restaurants around the world it can be disappointing in many areas. The food is good, but not of very high-level, like you may think. Dishes are "overloaded" with superfluous staff (leaves, puree here, puree there) which not always matches the main ingredient. We had the beef with duck leaver. The duck liver piece was ridiculously small (no kidding, a cube of 1x2 cms). It was good, but nothing remarkable (meat with nice texture - probably slow vacuum-cooked - but that's it. Nothing accompanying it was remarkable). We also had the foie as starter and, even if I do like foie medium-rare, this one was waaaaaay undercooked. The pelmeni were rather plain and the portion was smaller than the last time I visited, some 1 year ago. We also had the rabbit. Again, good, but nothing that would "wow" us. Wine is very pricy. Even though this is Estonia, prepare to pay "Scandinavian-level" prices.

Service was again under par for what this restaurant pretends to be (i.e. we had to wait many times to get our glasses filled up) and it is VERY slow (it took nearly 3 hours to have a 3-course dinner, even though the restaurant was half empty). We were not in a hurry, so it was no problem, but waiting over 40 minutes for every course (including dessert) we thought it to be excessive.

1  Thank savimarkus
Irmela H, General Manager at Tchaikovsky, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Savimarkus,

Thank you for the time you took to write your review on the Restaurant Tchaikovsky on Tripadvisor.

Our guest’s reviews and comments are important to us, we read and evaluate them in detail and use them for motivational measures and also to streamline our internal trainings.
So thank you for your comments; much appreciated.
Reading through your review I regret that you presentation of the food was not to your liking and the service speed was lacking; this issue has been addressed with the staff concerned and please accept my apologies.
Should you ever want to put us “back to the test”, eg in October, when we offer your guests the delicious new Autumn menu, please feel free to contact our Food & Beverage Manager personally under tchaikovsky@telegraafhotel.com or myself so that we can arrange your table reservation; and subsequently we would be looking forward to your renewed review… !

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we are looking forward to hearing from you,
With best wishes and kind regards,

Irmela Heinsius
Hotel Telegraaf

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We booked Tchaikovsky on a whim - we had heard it was good and it was my birthday. WOW - it was one of the best restaurant experiences I have ever had, magical from the moment we sat down 'til the moment we reluctantly left. I am still regretting the fact that I simply didn't have room left for a dessert - I suggest some forward planning to make sure you can take advantage of the amazing food and have a light snack for lunch! Wine list was good. I wouldn't class this restaurant as expensive, it is pricier than an average restaurant but it is not an average restaurant, and in comparison to other restaurants of this quality it was remarkably inexpensive. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough, it was a wonderful night out.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We chose this restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had the most amazing meal. The service was wonderful. They even got the band to play happy birthday and brought out dessert with candles for the special day. The restaurant is beautiful and the music was sensational. A great place to enjoy a beautiful dinner.

1  Thank Retired_at_30
Reviewed September 12, 2012

What a gorgeous place. I went with a friend and we were late in the evening so could only have one course as all restaurants seem to close early in Tallinn. We both had saddle of deer with parsnip puree, wild mushrooms, saute red potatoes, pak choi and beetroot and red wine sauce. Divine! We didn't miss the other courses thanks to amuse bouche, home made breads and chocolates. friendly and professional staff. Gorgeous room. Go!