Wilderness Experiences in Soomaa National Park
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent tour of Soomaa Park

We had a great time visiting Soomaa park with Aivar's team. Aivar was the main guide and he is very... read more

Reviewed January 7, 2019
Kenneth Z
via mobile
Enchanting Night Safari

Reviewed September 18, 2018
TravelingPants92
New York City, New York

All reviews canoe trip beautiful nature two hours starting point guided tour nice trip picnic lunch nature lovers full moon self guided fairy tale bog canoeing plants beaver mosquitoes berries
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Our family of four did the night safari with Kaspar and had a fantastic experience. Although the night fell early and we weren't able to see much wildlife, the peaceful bog lit up by the star-filled night sky was enchanting and we had a great experience nevertheless. Definitely would recommend and would come back for more chances to see beavers! Kaspar was very friendly and patient with us, which allowed us to have a great time.

Date of experience: September 2018
Aivar R, Manager at Wilderness Experiences in Soomaa National Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Thank you for taking our guided night trip!

Reviewed August 29, 2018

It was a nice trip but we had so much trouble booking it. My two emails were ignored. I called and was assured I would get an email confirmation that the trip was booked for my family of 4. The email confirmation never came and I had to call again before I finally got my email confirmation and this happened over a period of a few months. I began to wonder if this was a bona fide company running a real business. Communication really needs to improve. We started at 10am but it was too long of a hike in pretty much same surroundings. It got boring after a while. Also lunch was super late at 2.30pm and we were starving. But lunch was delicious and the guide was great. He struck a good rapport with our group of 8 people.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We spent a very relaxed day in such beautiful nature with canoe tour and small hiking. Aivar is a quite nice guide and we enjoyed a lot.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We booked a guided canoe tour and also a walk through the forest and the bog. Aivar, our tour guide was very knowledgeable and was sure to point out edible (and delicious) berries. It is really worth visiting and also if you like book a guide, as you‘re sure to see and get to know more than on your own. And also, be sure to take enough bug repellent;)

Reviewed August 3, 2018

We were picked up at Riisa Rantso. The guide was in german and excellent. Very interesting typical estonian meal and a nice trip back via canoe. I would recommend.

Date of experience: July 2018