Wilderness Experiences in Soomaa National Park

Worth visiting

Reviewed August 7, 2018
Anouk L
via mobile

All reviews canoe trip beautiful nature two hours starting point guided tour nice trip picnic lunch nature lovers self guided bog canoeing plants beaver berries mosquitoes wildlife river
Reviewed August 29, 2018

It was a nice trip but we had so much trouble booking it. My two emails were ignored. I called and was assured I would get an email confirmation that the trip was booked for my family of 4. The email confirmation never came and I had to call again before I finally got my email confirmation and this happened over a period of a few months. I began to wonder if this was a bona fide company running a real business. Communication really needs to improve. We started at 10am but it was too long of a hike in pretty much same surroundings. It got boring after a while. Also lunch was super late at 2.30pm and we were starving. But lunch was delicious and the guide was great. He struck a good rapport with our group of 8 people.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We spent a very relaxed day in such beautiful nature with canoe tour and small hiking. Aivar is a quite nice guide and we enjoyed a lot.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We booked a guided canoe tour and also a walk through the forest and the bog. Aivar, our tour guide was very knowledgeable and was sure to point out edible (and delicious) berries. It is really worth visiting and also if you like book a guide, as you‘re sure to see and get to know more than on your own. And also, be sure to take enough bug repellent;)

Reviewed August 3, 2018

We were picked up at Riisa Rantso. The guide was in german and excellent. Very interesting typical estonian meal and a nice trip back via canoe. I would recommend.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

We had a great day. Aivar picked us up from Parnu Coach station at 9am and drove us to the lodge. Then we walked along road and fields to the bog. Wearing snow shoes we walked into the bog, guided by Algis who showed us numerous berries we could (and did) eat (bilberries,cloudberries, cranberries, blueberries), and plants such as carniverous sundew. We had a dip in a pool, then a delicious local prepared picnic lunch by a river. Afterwards, we canoed back to the lodge, getting there about 3-4pm. Perhaps we were lucky, but we did not encounter any biting insects today. Then Algis gave us a lift back to Parnu, briefly stopping at the beach there. I arranged it by phoning them a few days beforehand. We did this trip from Tallinn, booking online the ~7am and ~7pm Lux Express coach to and from Parnu (1hr50 each way).