“Nice drink, terribly slow service”
Review of Hermannus House

Hermannus House
Ranked #14 of 58 Restaurants in Haapsalu
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: In the beer and coffee room for 50 people of Hermannus House you can enjoy pleasant interior and delicious dishes in the warmth of the fireplace heated by real wood. For art lovers there are from time to time exhibitions of Estonian artists and photographers. In the pub you can watch TV programs. In the cellar floor you will find a modern interior cosy bar with historical touch for 25 people. There you can play pool and on request organize events. In summer season you can enjoy beautiful weather and delicious foods and drinks on the outdoor terrace right at the foot of town wall.
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I chose this place to celebrate my son´s birthday dinner, which was a mistake. Though I had reserved in advance and mentioned it was a birthday, nobody seemed prepared for us coming. The place is colourful and they have a nice choice of equally colorful drinks to start with, but the service was terribly slow. It took TWO hours before we got our main courses (having had starters before that, but still). The nice waitress tried to compensate, but my teens were truly fed up, including the one who´s birthday we were supposed to celebrate. This was our worst experience in otherwise nice & friendly Haapsalu. My suggestion is to choose this place for a drink, but not take the risk of ordering food and get your evening ruined by too much waiting.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

We got menu from waitress and then waited 15minutes (with hungry children!) ... ready to order. Then we gave up and went in to order. When we got food, then my burger was cold and fries ... well, look at the photo. Unfortunately it was below average.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We had beet root salad, panini and Cesar salad with chicken, and Allan were fresh and tasty. Service was friendly and quick. I will visit again for sure!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Had a seat, ordered a beef burger. It was average. Also a bit cold. I've had better. The price was equivalent to those in Tallinn (which is not surprising, considering recent jumps in prices in Estonia), however the drinks are cheaper than in Tallinn.

Interior okay. Free unsecured WiFi that anyone can use. Seating outside.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 5, 2017

Great location in Old Town, next to number 1 attraction in Haapsalu, Episcopal Castle.
Stylish from outside and interesting, colourful interior. Service was friendly and fast, but food wasn't just as good. Basically there was nothing wrong and because of their reasonable prices it's ok place for visit, but food wasn't that special. We took Wiener Schnitzel and Fish & Chips and they were exactly same, except meat/fish. This was first time when I had Tar-Tar Sauce and Coleslaw with Schnitzel. Fries were undercooked and instead of one big "steak" that Schitzel usually is, I got two small ones.

Date of visit: August 2017