“I was missing the artsy atmosphere here”
Review of Uzupio Kavine

Uzupio Kavine
Ranked #129 of 903 Restaurants in Vilnius
Cuisines: Eastern European, Bar, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Being located in the Uzupio "republic" and being presented as a kind of artsy cafe, I was expecting a unique atmosphere. Maybe it was because summer was over and summer terrace by the river was closed, but the place to me seemed quite ordinary without any kind of special feel. We only drank coffee, mineral water and whisky here co I can't really comment on food. I was a bit disappointed to have ordered an espresso and got this nasty large lungo-like long coffee, which I always thought was only a vice of cafes of my homeland, Slovakia. On the other hand, it was full and everyone was ordering food so I guess many people frequent it and enjoy it. From what I've observed, the waiters were nice and friendly.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Kavine Uzupio

Kavine Boras
1 Uzupio Gative
Uzupio Gative
(Independent State within Lithuania)
Kavine Uzupio

Day 3 and 5 meals. This place came recommended by a bar man in the Portobello Bar in Vilnius Old town. We were told that the Kavine Boras situated across the river is located in an independent state with its own written constitution . The guy also said it was a cheaper place to eat and the food not bad. What a gem of a find. Over looking the river , the mermaid and the bridge with all the padlocks on it.
Again we chose to eat indoors. Inside the place had a separate dining area but we chose to eat with the locals in a room that just resembles a traditional bar room you would find in the UK. We dine in a room full of locals and this added to the lovely experience of dining in this establishment. We were very pleased with both the service attitude of the staff together with both the food and drinks that were laid out in front of us. The fact that it was said to be cheap might have originally put us off going. But we were glad it did not.
We again sampled the local food and loved it. I sampled the dark beer loved it. From the bar men and the waitress ( and waiter on our second visit) they could not do enough for us. This place got it right. This place really restored our faith in Lithuanian hospitality. We enjoyed the food so much we had to go back especially after our experiences on both the first night and the fourth night in Vilnius restaurants.
Overall rating for food and service 8/10 Would recommend it to anyone and head there first when we return. If you go on this recommendation I hope you enjoy it as much as we did

Meanwood John

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed outside on the terrasse overlooking the river and the Mermaid statue. Service was slow but the local people were talkative and the atmosphere very nice. Berer was good and the salat too. Uzupio is a civilised Christatia in Copenhagen, but with a lot of artists. ..

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a very good dinner at this restaurant. We ate outside on a beautiful patio overlooking the river. It's a popular place and many of the tables were reserved.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a very good place to relax, but service is really slow. Anyway I was satisfied with food and drinks I had ordered. I should agree with previous reviewers, that there are a lot of local visitors. Very slow and inattentive service is the only disadvantage of this place for me.